Waiting on More Babies (UPDATE- Another Doeling)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by marie_martin, Mar 12, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    Here are updated pics of Jazzy and Ariel, the two that I don't have exact due dates on. I know they were bred on Oct. 20-23 and again on Oct. 28-30th and the last time on Nov. 18-19. That would put them due on 3/14 or 3/22 or 4/12. What do you think? They are both FF.

Jasmine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ariel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here they are on 2/25/08

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think? Am I going to be Waiting until April?

Thanks for looking.

Marie

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Waiting on More Babies

I would say you will be waiting til April , though I think that Ariel will go first as she has more udder development than Jasmine.

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I definitely think Ariel looks further along in udder development than Jasmine.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

I think they are probably due more likely in April than they are March.

5. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi

That will be fine, as long as they have healthy happy babies. That is all that matters. I just want them to be ok.

Marie

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

my girls due end of April-May have much less udder developement so your girls certainly are due sooner then that :D

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Seems Ariel has close to the same amount as Nottie. Can't be sure about Jasmine.

8. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi

Yesterday I noticed that my black do Jazzy was filling out a bit more in the udder, although still small and not real tight. I felt for ligaments and they were mush. So I think maybe she is going to go on the 22 after all, which was the next due date on my list. Well, got up this morning and went up to feed and hear a baby crying loudly. I thought at first it was one of Pookeys babies but I could see them both and they were not crying. I go into the barn and see Jazzy with goop streaming and I can hear a baby but don't see one. I found her. She had obviously given birth in the main hall and the baby went under the gate into the outer section where we keep the bunnies. She is fine but scared me to death. I am so thankful I found her and did not go on to work like I thought about since I was running late. She was a mess. All the goop still on her and hay and dirt all stuck to that. I took her in and rinsed her with warm water, which she loved. Then dried her good and brought her back to mom. She was licking her and all seems fine. She did not feel tight in her udder though. I squeezed and milk came out though. So I guess it will be ok. i saw she had passed her placenta too so I guess a single. Which is fine. I am worried now that the sister will do the same and not udder up or give me much warning. Will have to keep an eye on her. Anyway. I will try to get pics later, but she appears to be a dark choc. probably buckskin. White frosting on ears and snout and BLUE eyes of course. Will update later. And keep you updated on Ariel. Guess you just never know about these girls??

Marie

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! That is fabulous that you got a healthy doeling!!! Hope her sister doesn't keep you in the dark! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Sure don't

you aren't the only one that had a FF not udder up tight and go suddenly. A friend of mine had this JUST happen to her.

11. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    Just like women Huh? All of them are different. It is crazy that this baby reminds me so much of Ariel, the mom's sister. She is very dark but you can tell her head is choc. and not black. And those blue eyes on that choc are beautiful. But she has the frosting like her mom. I am just so happy I found her this morning and she did not stay in there all night. I will be running home in a bit to check on them again. Will keep you updated.

marie

12. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Congratulations - what a lucky chance to have found her like that.

13. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    Yes it was, I am learning to really follow my instincts more and really watch them.

Marie

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow! I was sure she was gonna wait!! I too had a young FF deliver with no sign of a "tight" udder! Guess these youngsters have a mind of their own!! So happy that you found the doeling and got her tended to ASAP!! Way to go Jazzy! Congrats on a healthy baby :girl: !

15. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I had something similar happen to me last year, I went out to check and could tell the doe had kidded (don't remember how now), but didn't see a baby, the doe and another doe both had their heads buried in the hay feeder, thought maybe that had it up under then and I just couldn't see it, but I climbed in and no baby! I did a quick scan of the pen, and still no baby! I was getting alittle panicy when I heard him, he'd somehow managed to go under the pen and into the barn isle and was hidden by some bags of shavings. Got him in and cleaned him up, but mom wanted nothing to do w/ him.

Can't wait to see pics of your new one!

16. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    I took some pictures yesterday when I got home but wouldn't you know I forgot to bring the camera to work to upload the pics. So I will have to do it tomorrow. I really can't tell if this girl is going to be a dark chocolate or black. Mom is black but mom's sister was almost black at birth and is now chocolate. So I will have to wait and see. But she is really cute and tiny. It is amazing to compare her to the two week old twins. They grow so fast. Will post pics soon. Sorry.

Marie

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats ok - we can anticipate more and then they will be more enjoyable to see :D

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC