The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone so I have a full-blooded first timer that was bred 5 months ago. She has developed a bag and her ligaments are still present but getting softer. The worst ofnthis all is i was never able to see her be bred due to having unreliable back up when my fiance was feeding. And i had to work my 48 hour shift at work. This does half sister just gave birth but it was assisted, harsh and resulted in two dead kids. Very traumatic for everyone involved. I'm freaking out because she is exhibiting red tinted goo. However the sister who gave birth yesterday didnt exhibit red goo until i noticed she was pushing and pushing with no progress after 30 minutes. For first timer Yesterday I noticed she had a wet tail, she had a big glob of murky brown pinkish goo, but once moved to a camera pen she wasn't serious about pushing. Ate half her food and then evening came and she begin exhibiting signs of moving things along by laying down, sleeping, stretching and giving mini pushes but didn't want to eat and throughout all this her ligaments are still present but a bit softer today. Am I freaking out over nothing? Will everything be okay? Some say the red tinted goo is a sign of really good labor or an issue. I'm not new to goats but this is new to me and has me freaked after what I delt with during her half sister's labor.

·
Super Moderator
34,555 Posts
Yes, With amber goo we want to see babies in 30 minutes or so.
Won't hurt to scrub up and go in a bit..see what's holding the party up. Start with two fingers..see if any thing is right there, if not go further and see if shes open.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's is pushing serious now kind of three pushes and breaks in between ibhave not witnessed any water bag come out either but should
Yes, With amber goo we want to see babies in 30 minutes or so.
Won't hurt to scrub up and go in a bit..see what's holding the party up. Start with two fingers..see if any thing is right there, if not go further and see if shes open.
Okay I will after 30 minutes as I haven't witnessed a water bag shebhas 15 mins left

·
Super Moderator
34,555 Posts
How are things

Reactions: Moers kiko boars

·
Super Moderator
34,555 Posts
I'm so very sorry 😞

1 - 11 of 11 Posts