Waiting on Zoe... for real this time!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Janne, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    My pygmy doe, Zoe, is due to freshen soon. Her "actual" due date is February 27th, but looking at her today, I decided to go ahead and move her to her birthing stall as a precaution. I totally missed her last freshening last spring (no warning whatsoever!), but this year I'm opting to err on the side of caution.

She's looking very, very pink and swollen. As soon as I took her away from the herd and came near the birthing stall, she ran for it. She remembers it from her previous birth and from the last time I mistakenly thought she was pregnant. She knows it's a safe, quiet place. :)

I've been checking on her every couple of hours. I don't think it will be tonight, but I'm pretty sure it will be soon. In the meantime, I'm making sure everything is ready for her. Here's hoping for multiples this time!

(Can you tell I'm excited and nervous? lol) :kidblack:

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Oh how fun.... I can't wait to see the baby/babies! :) I love the picture on your avatar by the way! SOOOOO cute!

3. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    [​IMG]

Here you go! This is Jesse, the only buckling from Zoe's last kidding in March '09. He was 9 days old in this picture and totally tuckered out after a hard play session. He walked up on the porch where I was sitting and plopped down on a pile of boards we were using for remodeling. He was out cold in seconds! lol

4. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    omg that picture is SO amazingly cute!!!

LW

5. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    He was my first kid born after I got goats. Needless to say, his nickname "little brat" is for good reason! LOL He was just too cute, so I couldn't resist spoiling him rotten. I still spoil him just a little, though! ;)

6. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    We understand completely. :wink:

I remember Jesse's pic from last year, it was so adorable and very hard to forget. :love:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Zoe is getting closer ... can't wait to see her babies.... love the pic of Jesse of 09 so adorable... :greengrin: :love: