The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah our walk away doe has had two more kids, was hoping to avoid this but none the less they are here. For some reason she decided to have them in the big barn. She stayed with them for a whole hour!

So I decided to move them into the barn closest to the house, thinking if I have to bottle feed them at least I don’t have to get on the four wheeler every time To feed them.

Well it’s been a week since I put them in a stall with a 3/4 door on it too high for her to jump yet let’s air flow go through. Mom is less than happy with this arrangement, however the kids are eating and it looks like we are going to avoid bottle feeding.

We the barn is fully fenced in so would you allow her more freedom or keep things as is. It’s a lot easier for me to fill her water and put hay out than it is to feed the kids every 2-4 hours.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let her out when you can keep a close eye on them and see if she is. Are you weighing the kids daily with a scale that weighs in pounds and ounces or pounds and tenths of pounds?
Have not been weighing them, however have been checking on them twice a day they are growing very active, and seem to be doing well.

i let her out when I got home today, so we will see what happens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts