The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought two 15 wk old goats yesterday, Nigerian Dwarfs, which are so friendly! I can almost envision my 4 year old daughter and I walking them down our country road like they were dogs, using a leash. Does anyone do this? I keep thinking it would be good also for their hoofs, wearing down.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
absolutely and it is the best way to get them to behave in the show ring. we had 4 babies last year that my grandsons walkes like dogs and they are so nice and friendly with their own babies now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We bought two 15 wk old goats yesterday, Nigerian Dwarfs, which are so friendly! I can almost envision my 4 year old daughter and I walking them down our country road like they were dogs, using a leash. Does anyone do this? I keep thinking it would be good also for their hoofs, wearing down.
All ours are lead trained. They either use collars OR head collars which we get at our local Agriculture Shop. They are meant for sheep but work great on goats too. It is a little tricky at first though. Even my sweetest dug in the ground at first, and now he is going on to be a therapy goat on a dog harness!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.