The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To i took the time to walk through my herd of goats. I have not done it since i turned the bucks in for breeding. There was a contentment that came over me as i touched my girls all 63 of them. I was checking there body condition. They all were a 2.5 or better no 4's they were just right.
I guess i should explain what i mean. a body condition of 1 is a walking skeleton a score of 5 is rolly poly fat, no ribs can be felt. 2.5 to 3 is perfect.
normally there is one that is under a 2 but not today. that is not common.
It is a relief on the rare occasion that it happens.

I don't mean to brag but i am going to any way. My girls sure looked good today

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,746 Posts
I dont have 63 does..i have 24 does. Youngest are 3 months..oldest 2 years and very very pregnant. Each with their own personality, attitude and contribution to my herd. I cant think of anything more peaceful and rewarding when they all look good..and are happy. I agree its rewarding. I enjoy mine every day. They also entertain me.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
What a wonderful feeling! My goats are literally my therapy! I was hit pretty hard with postpartum depression after my second and my husband had me buy a few goats to help. I love them so much! I’ve had a herd for over a year now and just had my third baby. There’s nothing better than having a hard day at home with the kids and being able to hand them over to their father to go spend a few minutes with my girls. It’s also a nice feeling to be finally doing things right. My herd in high school was a menace to everyone involved, and it was entirely my fault. I love that my goats are happy and healthy. Watching them bounce around and check my pockets for treats.... I love goats.

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,746 Posts
Lets all hope..its just a hoof that needs trimmed. I guess its true...One Day At A Time! Lol lol. Thanks for the thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts