Wanna peek at my website?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Okay, so I have really no goats to post on it... And, I'm still very rusty at web design, and there is still some tweaking I would like to do to everything, but heck. For a few hours worth of work, it's not too bad..

I am going to change the bucks page, and put wethers on their own page after all. None of the other links work.

without further adu...

http://pinkdreamcloud.110mb.com/goat.htm

Got any ideas for me, please lemme know.

Like, what should I say on some of my other pages? I feel like I need to have more information or something. I just threw on the general alpine info on the first page for a filler, though I kinda like it there.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Ok
    thats the cutest page ever! usually i'm not a pink type of person, but that works pretty neat.

you could list what diseases you test for if you do, photos of around the farm, fun goat pics, how you began raising goats...try looking at other breeders pages and see what they have ;)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    looking good Dayna

its alwasy good to be ahead of the game and then when you do have stuff to sell you already in search engines

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

On your home page you may want to list what diseases you test for and when, i usually add a link to a scanned copy of that years disease testing basically for prrof. I then put the originals in a plastic sleeve in my herd book with everyones papers.
    What is your sales policy? Do you garuntee the health of your animal x amount of days after leaving your property? do you do first shots and wormings on kids?
    Do you ship? if so what responsibilites are that of the buyer? Do listed prices kids include gas to the airport? health papers? Crates, do you supply one? or does the buyer of the kids need to send you one?
    you may want to do a little of your management practices, what shots do you give? How often do worm?
    Do you do payment plans on kids? Do you offer discounts for multiple animal purchases? Do you give 4-H and FFA discounts?
    If i think of more i will add it.
    hope this helps.
    beth

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    looks beautiful...nice work... :thumbup:

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Thanks guys. I'm not sure about the shipping details, as I am just starting out. I probably won't ship right away, until I get the feel for the whole thing.

7. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Boy, Beth is on top of things --
    Dayna, you can check out my website -- I'm a newbie at that too -- I used Yahoo sitebuilder. I added infor about buying and what goats need, mostly b/c I get a lot of calls from people in the city or folks who thinkt hey can just trun a goat loose, etc. Mine's pretty simple, but it works!

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Looks adorable!!!

9. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    It is very well done! :) I love the theme :) I definitely like pink :)

I think the text needs to be a bit darker to stand out just a bit more... or possibly bolder?

I think it is looking great!

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Bolder text. Okay. Yeah my husband was saying it was hard to read, but he is legally blind, so I was thinking it might be just him. LOL