The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this year I bought a Nigerian Dwarf doeling with the intention of showing her this year. What I didn't know is that absolutely all the shows are this summer! Well I just moved to Oregon mid-June, so that kicked me out of a few county fairs, and I just picked up my doe at the end of June, so that kicked me out of all of them! I thought oh O.K., I'll just do the OR/WA state fairs in the junior classes. Nope! I can't get into FFA since my school doesn't have a chapter, and I can't get in with 4-h because I needed to qualify in a county fair! So, alright, I'll just show my doeling in the open class and hopefully get her her dry leg in ADGA. Once again, nope! Neither the Oregon, nor Washington state fairs are ADGA sanctioned. So I checked the ADGA show list, and I've either missed the deadline for them, or they are over 5 hours away! So, I'm basically timed out of every chance to show for something this summer.

So, I have a question. I know that does need their dry leg to get a GCH title, otherwise they just get a RGCH title. My doeling was born April 23, 2013. Would she still be able to show as a junior doe(according to ADGA rules) the summer(June-September) of 2014? Or does it just depend on the show?

Thank you for any and all info & replies!

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Yes, as long she has not kidded by that time.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! I'm not planning on breeding her until she's at least 1.5 years old, by advice from breeder. She said her mother wasn't even bred until she was two because she's little, and it seems my doeling picked up that trait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts