Want to whine just a TINY bit

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Epona142, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    When our roof was torn off in the tornado, it ruined a lot of things in that room.

Well, all my Dairy Goat Journals were in there! :veryangry:

Now they're ruined, along with my (but less important to me) catalogs and collection of Reptiles magazines. So our my photo albums for that matter, but THANKFULLY all the ones that were ruined I have backed up on my computer. The old ones were in a waterproof bin.

I need a stomping smilie . . .

couldn't find one, but this will have to do.

[​IMG]

I just had to whine a little about that, and I know you guys will understand.

On a lighter note, we've got most of the roof fixed, and will be able to finish it this weekend.

On a more sad note, my male Toulouse goose died today. He's been a bit off color since the storm. I don't know what happened, but I guess it affected him worse than I thought. Rest in peace mister goose.

:sigh:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I am sorry.

Try drying the journals out..... like laying them out in the sun. They may not be in tiptop shape but paper does dry :shrug:

As to your goose :tears: I hate it when I loose an animal and especially when I don't know why

Thats great about the roof though :thumb:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug: I am sorry ...you have to go through this.... :hug:

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    How many DGJs did you have?

5. Zelda

Zelda New Member

May 2, 2009
    Rocky Mountains
    You certainly have gone through a lot. I'd for sure be feeling stormy. :veryangry:

How cool, though, that you have backups of those pictures. Very smart!

Sorry about Mister Goose.

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I think I had about ten or so. Maybe less? I started picking them up at Tractor Supply before I even got goats. Oh well . . . my most recent issue was in my bathroom at least. :greengrin:

I feel bad for Mrs Goose, she still calls for her mate. :(

I am trying to find her a new home with other geese. It's not really fair to keep her by herself. She does have a Muscovy duck companion, but I am trying to either get him some girlfriends or he'll be sold or go with the goose. Waterfowl are just a huge pain in the butt and while I really enjoy them, won't miss them too much.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats sad that she is missing her companion.