Wanted: Birthing Pix

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sonrise Farm, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Paste all your birthing pix here . . . and what happened during each birthing, was it hard/easy, the positions of the kids, does actions prior to kidding . . . etc . . . .

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I don't have any of Daisie right before giving birth.....

But at 6:30 am - just standing around - couple contractions

9:30 am - little bit of goo and starts of pushing

10:20 am went out to feed and came back to this little boy that was still in sack, JUST came out

[​IMG]

Cleaning him up with mom and she started pushing again

10:25 am

[​IMG]

Next push she came out all at once!

[​IMG]

after getting the sack off of her

[​IMG]

Mom never attempted to clean her until after I had her cleaned up completely.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well here is a video of Anna giving birth to Sugar. She stood the whole time. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GyGAlvGoLI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GyGAlvGoLI[/ame]
    Sugar stood up within 5 mins. After about 40mins Anna had two boys, one right after the other. Literally. It was a good thing I had my mom to help clean off.

I think you saw the pics on my website already. :)

Here is Boots giving birth to Spice. I only have pics of the beginning and end because the rest of the time was spent pulling on Spice. Just look how big her legs were! She was 5 pounds at birth. I had to hold onto Boots and my mom pulled. It was pretty scary, but everything turned out fine. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    This was a bad one - Chloe - July 2008 - FF Pygmy, bred to Nigerian.

I had been up all night with this girl. She was pawing, talking, flagging, and just unpredictable with behavior. One minute wanting to be petted.

I finally decided I needed to take a shower. I went out to check on her 1 more time before heading to work, and this is what I found, but with the sack over her head, and momma screaming.

[​IMG]

I was home alone, so changed clothes faster then superman, went out and put her head inbetween my legs, bent over her, stuck a finger in to see if I could feel legs and they were both back. Couldn't push her back in, so had to pull with the contractions.

She came out finally, but was blue and not breathing. Thank goodness I was a vet tech! I was able to get her breathing on her own in about 30 minutes. She did not stand for 16 hours. She was an instant bottle baby and came to work with me for the first 2 days. She had to be force fed and even at 3 weeks, was not sure how to take the bottle, but once it was in her mouth she would drink.

She went to her new home and is a hoot!

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I think you saw the pics on my website already. :)[/quote]

and loved them! :dance: I love being midwife . . . I think it's my calling in life . . . it's so special . . . animal and human . . .

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    My worst was my lamancha doe this year--- she gave birth to two hefty twins. The first had it's head and a hoof out with one foot turned back--- and so I peeled the gook off its face so it could breath and with the next contract Spirit was in such tremendous pain she tried to run away from it, and she was screaming, and I was screaming and the kid was screaming . . . and then I reached in in the middle of that, grasped the turned back hoof and pulled it forward, and then molly fell in a heap in the hay. lol. that was my most exciting kidding. . .

7. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Q: okay, let's say you buy a bred doe . . . does the kids from that doe have to carry the herdname of the breeder?

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes.

If bought her after breeding she has the previous owners everything except your kid number.

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yes, they have the herd name of the breeder, but your tattoo's. :)

Lol Stacey we posted at the same time.

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  11. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    ok another Q: do you decide what your tattoo is or do they? and if you do . . . what to do put down? is there a site i can read this stuff on? I have never registered a herd name before . . . :oops:

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    To have a tattoo...you need to be a member of the registry your goats are registered in...if ADGA, you apply for membership, pay your dues and choose a herdname for yourself...the society that you register with will assign your tattoo.

Also, heres a link to a "birth" situation that I had some fun with....this doe is retired because she prolapsed with her first set of trplets...she previously had 3 sets of twins....all is well with the kid in question...Hedi is her name and you can see her on my site if you wish.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2478

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Contredanse having a contraction...
    [​IMG]

Bubble presenting...
    [​IMG]

Bubble popped...
    [​IMG]

Didn't get anymore from Contredanse.

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Lol this is the OUCH picture. [​IMG]

15. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    that is such a beautiful doe. That color and spotting pattern is one of my favorite. I hope one of my kids has spots.