Wanted - Companion Goat - Ontario Canda

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by Kelliszoo, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Kelliszoo

Kelliszoo New Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Hi All,

I had two pet goats up until a couple of weeks ago, when I lost my wether, Ricky. My nubian Lucy is now alone and very lonely.

Not sure how many members are here from Ontario, but hopefuly there is someone close who can help me out.

Basically just looking for a companion for Lucy, either a doe or a wether. Must be a full size breed ad I've had pygmies and they were always escaping, seemed to have no respect for the electric section and ran right through.

Lucy is about 9 years old, I've had her since she was 6 months, she's never been bred or anything, always just been a pet. Looking for something more her age, a retired breeding or milking goat, a pet wether in need of a new home, etc.

I live near the Stockyards in Cookstown, and I suppose I could go there and pick something up, but would prefer to get one direct from the owner so I can get some background info, make sure it's healthy etc. Willing to travel a good hour any direction for a good candidate. Not looking to spend big money on one, but can give it a great forever home. Thinking $100 max. I know i can get one at the stockyards for less than that, but would prefer not to.

If you have, or know of someone who has a goat that you think might fit the bill, please let me know.

I'm in Cookstown, about 45 minutes north of Toronto and 20 minutes south og Barrie.

Thanks,

Kelli