Wanted: Electric Dehorner & disbudding box

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale' started by Idahodreamer, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Looking for a used X-30 or X-50 disbudding iron, priced around $40/30 bucks.
    also looking for a disbudding box . . . . . .if there's one available anyway.
    email: me (talitha) at [email protected]
    thankyou. :cool:

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    You may just want to invest the extra for a brand new one. It could end up saving you money in the end in case a used one needs replacing. Maybe someone near you though is selling out though.

3. Idahodreamer

that's kinda what i was going for . . . if someone is selling out or if someone is getting a bigger one, etc. . . . :)

4. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I was ordering stuff from Jeffers the other day and they have a de-budding paste. Does anyone know if this will work?

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that stuff is very caustic -- its a chemical burn that is accomplished. if the babes are nursing off mom you have to be extremely careful that they dont get any on mom's udder

also I would think that hurts more IMO

6. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    We were planning on bottle feeding anyway. I will check the material when we get it before applying. Thanks for the heads up about the chemical burning effect. I think I'll check with our 4H rules about horns. If "breeding stock" can be left with horns then we will just leave the horns on.

7. Idahodreamer

Don't buy the paste!!! It's very caustic and burns even worse than the iron and doesn't even work. :( We tried it one year and we ended up with scurs.

8. LomaVerdeBoers

LomaVerdeBoers New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Az.
    The paste can cause blindness in the goat, or other goats if they rub up against it. It doesn't do the job effectively either.