Wanted goat milk recipies

Discussion in 'Cookin' Corner' started by goatshows, Oct 12, 2007.

1. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    im looking for recipies. like cheese, ice cream, anything i can make with goat milk!!!!

2. Goatherder

Goatherder New Member

How bout a catagory for goat milk products. That covers soap, lotions, cheese, ice cream and whatever else you can make. mmmmm ice cream :)

3. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    Here's my favorite goat milk ice cream recipe:

2 Eggs
    1 Cup Sugar
    2 tsp Vanilla
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 Cup Goat Cream (it takes forever to skim the milk without a separator, but it's worth it - otherwise you can use half and half)
    4 Cups Goat Milk

Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and cream.

Pour into an ice cream freezer.

Add the milk.

Freeze according to the directions of your freezer.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    As I work 9 hours a day as well as take care of my home/goats...the easier the better! For icecream I have started using the pouches of mix made by Rival and carried at Walmart...I have used Strawberry and added my own berries, Choclate Vanilla and Butter Pecan...they are all delicious AND time saving for those of us that NEED a spare minute or two!LOL
    Hubby enjoys them too and that says ALOT as he is fairly picky!!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    liz what are those pouches and how do you make it?

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I think they are "Rival" brand ice cream mixes, I have a Rival ice cream maker and use the pouches with I think it's 4 cups of milk...of course I use goat milk...super simple too, just mix the powdered mix into the milk and pour into ice cream canister insert the "blade" attach the motor and pack with layers of salt and ice, plug it in and let it go til it stops ....I like the vanilla best and hubby likes the chocolate. Walmart carries the ice cream maker as well as the ice cream mixes.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am going to have to try looking for that. My mom has an icecream maker BUT it has never worked from teh day she bought it :shrug:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The one I got I think it was around $25 and it works well....I just seem to never have enough ice to keep it going :ROFL:

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I have seen those too Liz! They look really good. *rubs tummy*