The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
How bout a catagory for goat milk products. That covers soap, lotions, cheese, ice cream and whatever else you can make. mmmmm ice cream :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here's my favorite goat milk ice cream recipe:

2 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 Cup Goat Cream (it takes forever to skim the milk without a separator, but it's worth it - otherwise you can use half and half)
4 Cups Goat Milk

Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and cream.

Pour into an ice cream freezer.

Add the milk.

Freeze according to the directions of your freezer.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
As I work 9 hours a day as well as take care of my home/goats...the easier the better! For icecream I have started using the pouches of mix made by Rival and carried at Walmart...I have used Strawberry and added my own berries, Choclate Vanilla and Butter Pecan...they are all delicious AND time saving for those of us that NEED a spare minute or two!LOL
Hubby enjoys them too and that says ALOT as he is fairly picky!!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
I think they are "Rival" brand ice cream mixes, I have a Rival ice cream maker and use the pouches with I think it's 4 cups of milk...of course I use goat milk...super simple too, just mix the powdered mix into the milk and pour into ice cream canister insert the "blade" attach the motor and pack with layers of salt and ice, plug it in and let it go til it stops ....I like the vanilla best and hubby likes the chocolate. Walmart carries the ice cream maker as well as the ice cream mixes.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I have seen those too Liz! They look really good. *rubs tummy*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts