Wanted~Hackamore *and longe line*

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale' started by Crissa, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I thought I'd see if anyone on here has an extra hackamore for a small horse for sale or trade. I'd like to see if my horse would respond better to that than the bit. It doesn't have to be fancy or in the best state, just something that I can use. She already does so well with just a lead and halter but I'd love to get a hackamore to use in my senior pictures. (more pleasing to the eye :wink: )

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Re: Wanted~Hackamore

I might- Ill check! :)

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Oh thank you soooo much! :hug: I also have a regular headstall to offer as a trade.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I do have one, but it is not for small horse. It is just standard.

you pay the shipping and you can have it. I would have to see what the weight is. Just let me know. Matter of fact I think i have two of them. One with a round nose band and the other one is flat. (I think I still have that one)

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

That would be great sweetgoats! Can you see how much the shipping is to 73016? I bet it will fit her. :wink: Thank you so much!

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Sure but I can not do it now because it is at home. I will try to get it tonight and bring it to work and get it figured out.

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Okay thank you soooo much! This means a lot to me! Although I have to say if it wasn't for the fact she is so good without the bit and so well behaved now, that I would be quite wary in trying something new. I've NEVER used a hackamore before. lol Is it much different from regular bridle? (like in putting it on, etc)

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Also looking for a cheap used longe line. :wink:

9. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Suggestion Make it. Get you a clip and a piece of rope and make one. I make show halters and it would nto be to hard to make a lung line.

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    If my Co Op has some rope that I think is strong enough I'll try it.

I am also looking for an average sized horse cinch.

11. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Let me see what I can do about the cinch. We hve exras laying around because we have to costly fix saddles here. What size do you need?? Let me know hun. You would probly she suprised with the amount we have laying around.

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Crissa, give me a list of what you need and I can probably hook you up for just the cost of shipping. I'm getting rid of my horses, so I've got a lot of horse junk laying around. lol

13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm not exactly sure what size she needs. She's a large pony size/small horse.

I'm sorry you have to get rid of your horses RunAround. :( Just let me know what you have and prices, I'm basically looking for everything, lol.

14. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
  15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Whoops, I guess I should have specified huh? lol I ride western, someday I'll try english though.

16. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Ok I will see what we got. I think I have a horse one that I can spare that is mine. I ride english and someoen gave me a western one, It is a little to small for my 17 hand fat horse

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    :shocked: 17hh!? I've never ridden one that big before! The tallest horse that I think I've ridden was maybe 15.5hh and she was fat. My horse could probably easily classify as a pony, I would guess 14 hh at the MOST.

18. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    She is almsot as tall as our clydes. She is a big girl. Well I am a big girl. Kassie is a standardbred but is large for even her breed and also her babies where large also.

19. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Did you ever get one? I'm sure I have an old one in my feed room. I went on a weird tack shopping spree. (I have no horses) I thought I might get a pony or donkey, but I have changed my mind.

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    One of what? (I posted so many things, lol) I wound up making my own lunge line. Wouldn't mind a spare of anything though. :wink: