The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted ND doe or doeling for milking and goat soap will receive fresh hey grain and water daily along with routine worming trimming and vaccinations I live by Rochester Minnesota NOT in Arkansas. I have eight other goats. Thanks!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just so everyone knows it doesn't have to be horned it is actually going to hang out with my disabled brother and his friends a lot.

·
Registered
868 Posts
It's not good for a goat to be a single goat. And horns are good handles but a collar is great on a tame companion doe, which I have seen, they're great companions as long as they're not left alone

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have eight other goats they just aren't friendly enough to be with my disabled brother... In other words I don't trust them... That's why I'm looking for a ND doe.

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
I do have an Angora doe who, in a month, is going to give birth to kids sired by a Nigerian. If a Nigora sounds like a cross you'd like, I can let you know if a doeling is born.

If you want a goat to be close to your disabled brother, maybe a disbudded goat may be better? Though a tennis ball on the end of horns would solve any pointy issues.

I am in Michigan, but I have family in Red Wing. Rochester, MN isn't that far away at all. So I could plan a family visit with a goat delivery, hah. But that won't be for a while.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would a nigora have wool (or whaterer angoras have) or a good utter? That sounds very tempting but I am going goat crazy at the moment and don't think I can wait that long... :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I have tried Craigslist I've been looking for about five months now:( it's bumming me out I can't seem to find the perfect doe... What's even worse is there are thousands for sale!!! Gah:p

·
Registered
868 Posts
Your best bet is to get someone like axycat on here to ship you one. She house trains them to be pets. I think shipping is probably $200 but I think worth it. Hers are Pygmy I'm pretty sure

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha sounds expensive! At this point I just want a cute friendly doeling with good large teats that is close to me! :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
I would pull a baby from a doe of yours when it's 2 days old and bottle feed her. :) and I wouldn't have horns I'd just use a collar and even a service animal/companion vest :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts