The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to pick out a buckling before the end of this year. I wasn't too happy with the selection of bucks available for service and I'm going to grow the herd to the point next year that I'm going to need one.

I'm looking for a buckling with strong dairy and show characteristics from a proven line. I would like something with the possibility of throwing moonspots, but the color really isn't as important to me as the pedigree and dairy lines so I'm open to anything. :wink: I live in Maryland, but I would be willing to travel, within reason, for the right buck or just pay for shipping.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I believe that I have 8 does bred that will be due in November time frame, both sires used are very dairy, one is not overly colorful, but the other is. We are located in PA.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that I have 8 does bred that will be due in November time frame, both sires used are very dairy, one is not overly colorful, but the other is. We are located in PA.
Oh awesome!! Do you have a website?

·
Never poke a sleeping Pom...
149 Posts
We just acquired an ND buckling who has excellent milk lines on both sides. One of his parents/grandparents consistently has won best udder and he has some grand champions in his background (We haven't received all his paperwork as yet). He will be starting to service our girls in late November when he is around 5/6 months old but even now at 2.5 months if he could reach the girls he would take care of it :p.

On the other hand, the farm we bought him from is very reliable and a closed herd which we have bought a couple does from. One consistently gave almost a gallon a day. I do know that our buckling does have a brother with the same blood lines available and their prices are very reasonable. Just FYI, these people have a goat dairy on the property and cannot get enough milk to keep up with the demand for the cheeses they make.

If you want more info, send a PM and I'll give you my phone number.We are in Virginia on the northern neck so not too far from MD.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We just acquired an ND buckling who has excellent milk lines on both sides. One of his parents/grandparents consistently has won best udder and he has some grand champions in his background (We haven't received all his paperwork as yet). He will be starting to service our girls in late November when he is around 5/6 months old but even now at 2.5 months if he could reach the girls he would take care of it :p.

On the other hand, the farm we bought him from is very reliable and a closed herd which we have bought a couple does from. One consistently gave almost a gallon a day. I do know that our buckling does have a brother with the same blood lines available and their prices are very reasonable. Just FYI, these people have a goat dairy on the property and cannot get enough milk to keep up with the demand for the cheeses they make.

If you want more info, send a PM and I'll give you my phone number.We are in Virginia on the northern neck so not too far from MD.
That sounds great! I will send you a pm

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, sorry, we don't, but would you be interested in an an adult buck?
I wasn't really looking for one because I already found a buck to service my girls this year and I don't want to break the agreement I made with the owner. I figured with a buckling that would work well because it would have time to grow till I need him.

But, if it was a nice buck I would go ahead and possibly get it. What do you have?

·
Registered
82 Posts
buckling wanted

Hi there,

You can check our website. I have a very pretty cou-clair doe with moonspots bred to a buck who is all about milk and conformation.

I may have more does to add to the breeding schedule soon, so you can keep checking back. I have a sale pending on a moonspotted doe with a nice milk pedigree.

Bluestarfarmftmyers.weebly.com

Feel free to ask any questions, our doe herd is tested negative for CAE, CL & Johnes, babies are dam raised and handled daily by people. Both of the bucks I own come from dams who milked over 1000# on DHIR, which is really exceptional for a Nigerian.

We are located in Florida but will ship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts