The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to add a few does to my herd. A doe in milk would be GREAT. We don't show, but the milk genetics have got to be good. Must be tested negative for CAE, CL & Johnes or willing to test.

Prefer adult does but will consider doelings. Strongly prefer dams on DHIR. Very interested in goats that are hardy and don't require frequent dewormings.

blue eyes, moonspots, and POLLED are desireable. Let me know what you have, I am willing to ship.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont mean to steal your thunder, but I am in Florida looking for 1 or 2 milking does as well. I dont really care to ship, though. :)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I am also in Florida.

I know someone that has does for sale that are probably willing to let you test. chuck doyle 386-774-1788
If you call him tell him Emilie referred you to him ;)

I will have doelings starting October and November. From 3 of my does.
Only two are registered. These are the two I'm talking about:

image-1375047114.jpg

South oaks classy cricket. She is bred to

image-2190699407.jpg

And cricket has a precocious udder forming.
Then I have

image-3719236999.jpg

Painted feather star sophya.
She is bred to

image-699365008.jpg

Cricket and man on the moon are CAE CL JOHNEES neg.
sophya hasn't been tested yet but her dam and sire were tested & neg. I will be testing her this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks for the message. I have a sale pending on a couple of does, so I think I am all set.

Do you own Man on the Moon? The last pic I saw of him he was much younger, he's a handsome fellow! I own his son, I wonder if I could have your permission to use that pic as a reference photo on my website.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I do not own him but I am thinking about getting one of his sons also!
That picture was taken by someone else but he Had originated from chuck doyle and I help him out a lot so I used his picture :)
He is now at Lori's farm in lake Helen. (Westwood acres) it is on her website and on chuck Doyle's card saying "home of NC promiseland ManOnTheMoon" :)
I don't mind and I'm sure they won't either:)
Congrats on the sale pending!!:)
May I ask where you found some does?:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am actually shipping them in from out of state. I can say more when they are through all their screenings and it is a sure thing!

If you want a Man on the Moon son, the buck I have is available after I use him next month.

·
Raising Nigerian Dwarf DAIRY Goats, registered wit
3,746 Posts
We don't have any does For sale at the time but we will start breeding season this October. You can go to my website at www.cadeslilfarm.com for info if you want to get on the waiting list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts