Wanted: One bio-tracking Vacutainer Tube

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale' started by Epona142, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hi everyone!

I'd like to send in for Snowflake to see if she is pregnant or not, but at the moment she's all I plan on doing, so I decided to see if anyone had an extra tube they wouldn't mind sending me (I'd be glad to pay for it) so I don't have to buy the whole starter set.

If not, no big deal, after the baby goats go to their new homes, I'll get it.

Also, I can't find on the website, how do you send in payment when you send the sample? A money order in the box? I haven't looked on the forms yet, is it on there?

Thanks! :greengrin:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    It might be cheaper to go to your local vet and purchase a tube from them. You need either a "red top" or a "marble top".

Just a thought - let me know if you need one - I have lots!

3. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    You know, I never thought of that. :doh:

I will check with my vet tomorrow, I have to stop by for flea meds anyways. They are kinda snooty (great vet though), so I'll let you know if they decide that there's no way any "normal" person could possibly draw blood. :roll:

4. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Just a thought, but has anyone ever tried an at home pregnancy test on the goats? :shrug: It should work. Its just lookin for a certian hormone and I am pretty sure that its a mammal specific one. Since I didnt think of it before Luna kidded I can't try it now. Just a thought.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah, it doesn't work - I am working on some different things - but nothing special has come of it yet.

6. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    I'll have to check my repro notes to find the exact reason but they use something from the goat to make the test which is why it won't work on them.

Edit: most tests have goat anti-hCG antibody in them.

7. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Ah and everyone says goats arent good for anything :ROFL: They can tell if your preggo

8. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    :ROFL:

How funny. Thanks for the responses, too, I think it's covered for now! :greengrin: