The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pony that is 10-11 hands high. I would like a pony harness for a resonable price that would fit him. I live in Centerburg and am willing to drive up to an hour to get it. I am also looking for a cart if you have a good price on that.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Try amish harness since you live in ohio I use amish harness on my ponies and it works great they have some with beads and plain I think I get the one with the silver dots. they are a great harness.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it. Aren't they rather expensive though?

·
Registered
319 Posts
well if the amish harness price was on a regular harness then yes. But the amish harness is excellent and I get the biothame harness you just wash it off with water once dirty.

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm I will think about it but I really would like a used because they can be in really good condition and a really good price.

·
Registered
319 Posts
yeah true its just seems that the amish harnesses are a lot stonger and durable. Maybe the amish have some used ones?

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you have any Amish around you I would check with them,some of them make harnesses and you wouldn't know it,in there garage

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you mean? jddolan

·
Registered
617 Posts
I mean the Amish farmers,usually they have an Amish person in there community who repair and make harnesses,sometimes they do it out of there garage and you would not know it ,unless someone told you to go to them ,worth a try

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
O.K. Now I am thinking about finding a nylon black.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would recommend a biothame harness because it is shiny aka beautiful/ stands out lol and easy to clean with water hose doesent hurt it one bit I highly like mine.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Biothane is nice,but more expensive the nylon,and if you are looking for cheap,then go with whatever you can find that is reasonable

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a little bit of a problem that I hadn't realized. My pony is a small pony 44" almost 11 hands and he has a small head. That means that he doesn't fit into a lot of bridles/ harnesses.

·
Registered
617 Posts
They make harnesses for all sizes does not matter if a mini or regular poni or in between ,it can be done,you need to find the right place/person they can help you

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we found something close to us. It is a used leather harness 90$ but it needs a small repair. Should I go ahead and email the person asking what's wrong?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes,probably a good price,look at it and make sure the leather is not rotted,and it is in good shape,if its rotted it will be very dry and cracked,maybe they would let you try it and see if it fits your hotse

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It looks like it is in good shape. I'll see what I can do about pics. It says it iswell oiled and looks nice. It's for a small pony or mini horse so I don't know how small it means.

·
Registered
319 Posts
hi Katie if it says small pony then I may be to small considering he is 11 hands. Try it just keep it oiled hope this helps!!

·
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He is a very small pony. He has a smaller head and I think he's in between 10 and 11 hands high but I'm not sure. How tall are mini horses usually?

·
317 Posts
He is a very small pony. He has a smaller head and I think he's in between 10 and 11 hands high but I'm not sure. How tall are mini horses usually?
I'm from Amish country. The mini sized harness with everything bio goes for $125 at our local pony auction. Brand new! Sugarcreek Ohio. If your interested I can even get you the next sale date. They have carts also that go thru.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts