The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting a large wether any breed (alpine, nubian, lamancha, mix or boer) must be very tame and lovable, will be used on a cart
reasonabley close to joplin missouri or pittsburg kansas

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CRISSA, WHAT PART OF OKLAHOMA, IT MIGHT NOT BE TO FAR

GOATHAPPY, I NEED ONE BEFORE SPRING, BUT THANKS ANYWAY

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It's in Holdenville. It's even far for me! It's pretty far south. But she's also got a spotted nubian wether too and only wants $35 or I think $65 for the pair.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Maybe way to far, but I am in Arkansas (near Ft. Smith) and I have a few wethers I'd consider parting with.

One is a 2 1/2 year old LaMancha, he was not bottle raised and can be a pain when he wants to be, but he's very food motivated. I actually considered training him to help me with haying. I will attach a pic I have of him wearing a harness. His name is Grim.

The other one is a 1 1/2 year old solid black nubian. He is bottle raised so very friendly. This one I'm abit back and forth on, he's one of my babies so the thought of giving him up makes me feel sick, but if you're interested I will see what we can do. I couldn't find a decent pic of him, just this group one, he's the all black one obviously(and you can also see Grim in the back), he seems to be going through a lanky stage right now. His name is Onyx.

I wouldn't call either huge, Grim is nice and solid, Onyx is still young and filling in, I was told his mom was 250lbs, so who knows.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AWWW, they are both so cute, i will show the pics to my hubby when he gets home and see what he thinks

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I've also got a boer wether for sale now.

We had sold him but they decided that they didn't want to mess with him anymore so we got him back. I'll have to ask my ex how much he wants for him.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND ONE,WE ARE GOING TO GO LOOK AT HIM TOMARROW, HUBBY IS PULLING MORE TOWARDS HIM, BECUASE HE IS ONLY 30MIN. AWAY, ME I DONT MIND DRIVING AT ALL. HE IS WEIRD LIKE THAT.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crissa, unless you are planning on coming further north anytime soon..... i really like the boer boy but we mapquested it and its a 4 hour drive...... hubby is being an old fuddyduddy

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you didn't get one already, my grandpa has a real nice purebred nubian whether, he's about 10 months old. He was a single buck, so started out big and grew like a weed. Very pretty and friendly. From disease free herd.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts