wanted wether-sw. missouri

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by firefly81, Nov 12, 2007.

1. firefly81

firefly81 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    sw. missouri
    wanting a large wether any breed (alpine, nubian, lamancha, mix or boer) must be very tame and lovable, will be used on a cart
    reasonabley close to joplin missouri or pittsburg kansas

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well, I know of somebody here in Oklahoma who has a nice nubian/saanen cross wether for sale. But that may be too far.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    http://www.oakswhisper.com She has LaManchas, I would see if she'll have extra buck kids in the spring for you. She's in southest MO.

4. firefly81

firefly81 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    sw. missouri
    CRISSA, WHAT PART OF OKLAHOMA, IT MIGHT NOT BE TO FAR

GOATHAPPY, I NEED ONE BEFORE SPRING, BUT THANKS ANYWAY

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    It's in Holdenville. It's even far for me! It's pretty far south. But she's also got a spotted nubian wether too and only wants $35 or I think $65 for the pair.

6. firefly81

firefly81 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    sw. missouri
    OH, THAT IS A BIT FAR, WISH SHE WAS CLOSER

7. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Maybe way to far, but I am in Arkansas (near Ft. Smith) and I have a few wethers I'd consider parting with.

One is a 2 1/2 year old LaMancha, he was not bottle raised and can be a pain when he wants to be, but he's very food motivated. I actually considered training him to help me with haying. I will attach a pic I have of him wearing a harness. His name is Grim.
    [​IMG]

The other one is a 1 1/2 year old solid black nubian. He is bottle raised so very friendly. This one I'm abit back and forth on, he's one of my babies so the thought of giving him up makes me feel sick, but if you're interested I will see what we can do. I couldn't find a decent pic of him, just this group one, he's the all black one obviously(and you can also see Grim in the back), he seems to be going through a lanky stage right now. His name is Onyx.
    [​IMG]

I wouldn't call either huge, Grim is nice and solid, Onyx is still young and filling in, I was told his mom was 250lbs, so who knows.

8. firefly81

firefly81 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    sw. missouri
    AWWW, they are both so cute, i will show the pics to my hubby when he gets home and see what he thinks

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I've also got a boer wether for sale now.

[​IMG]

We had sold him but they decided that they didn't want to mess with him anymore so we got him back. I'll have to ask my ex how much he wants for him.

10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Crissa,I wish you were closer that is the cutest boer wether.

11. firefly81

firefly81 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    sw. missouri
    awwww, he is so cute and i love his socks!!

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yeah and he's incredibly smart and affectionate! I wish I could keep him but my goats don't like him so that rules him out. :(

13. firefly81

firefly81 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    sw. missouri
    OK I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND ONE,WE ARE GOING TO GO LOOK AT HIM TOMARROW, HUBBY IS PULLING MORE TOWARDS HIM, BECUASE HE IS ONLY 30MIN. AWAY, ME I DONT MIND DRIVING AT ALL. HE IS WEIRD LIKE THAT.

14. firefly81

firefly81 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    sw. missouri
    crissa, unless you are planning on coming further north anytime soon..... i really like the boer boy but we mapquested it and its a 4 hour drive...... hubby is being an old fuddyduddy

15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Darn it! I've got a couple more pictures of him, I'll post them on my thread with my ewe lamb for sale.

16. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    If you didn't get one already, my grandpa has a real nice purebred nubian whether, he's about 10 months old. He was a single buck, so started out big and grew like a weed. Very pretty and friendly. From disease free herd.