The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have boer does I am showing. I am feeding essential show doe feed at $25 a bad and goat chow at $19. Wanting to know what y'all feed your boer show does. I'm in houston, tx. I know availabilities are different in different places. Thanks!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
We give Calf Manna, Noble Goat Grower 16 and a 12% sweet feed as a filler to our shows goats. We also tried a show supplement called Champion Drive, but now that show season is over they are off that and look no different. So I think I wasn't giving enough of that..?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We for sure know about champion drive, we feed a lot of it to our show wethers. They are on calf manna also forgot to mention that. I'm just spending a million dollars! They are worth it just looking at other options :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Yes, feeding goats is expensive! My two dairy girls that I am trying to put weight on are eating off brand Calf Manna (cheaper, too :) ) Purina Noble Goat Dairy Parlor 16%, free choice alfalfa, and a cheap-ish 8% wet cob.
I'm also give that to my Boer doe.

·
14,615 Posts
All we do around here is Boer Goat Developer with a handful of BOSS only for growing or lactating & free choice alfalfa.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have free choice alfalfa too. I tried then on alfalfa pellets because it was hard to find hay bakes and my girls hated the pellets

1 - 7 of 7 Posts