Wanting to double check

Discussion in 'Parasites' started by bisonviewfarm, Jan 25, 2021.

1. bisonviewfarm

bisonviewfarm Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Fecals are still pretty new for me and this is the first time I've seen an amount I need to worry about so I thought I'd better double check. Is the one with multiple hymenolepsis or cocci ? And is the little cup looking one Moniezia? And a worm or trash?
    Thanks!
    photoGridMaker_20210125_144404495.jpg Screenshot_20210125-134655.png

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm sure someone can help you.

bisonviewfarm likes this.

3. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    @Goat Whisperer

bisonviewfarm and MadHouse like this.
  4. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Looking at your pictures. The first thing I do is get my air bubbles clear. Yours are still fuzzy..which makes the identification of the worms harder. I saw a large cocci. But with the blurry picture .It could be two different worms. So many times the digested fecal matter can look like worms. That is why focusing on the air bubbles..brings the focus to the floating worm eggs.
    Also on your worm charts..check to see their magnification scale. And then see what lens you are useing. Ok? Hope this helps.

MadHouse, GoofyGoat and bisonviewfarm like this.
  5. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    I'll try to run some new ones to the microscope and I don't get along add in trying to take a picture with my phone and it just doesn't work out well lol.
    I did find a few more pictures that might be a bit clearer

Attached Files:

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  6. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Strongyl on first one
    Cocci & fecal matter with the air bubble

MadHouse and bisonviewfarm like this.
  7. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Yes..it gets tricky. I usually can see a pattern in my goats. Usually barber pole, strongyls, brown stomach worm or large/small cocci. Thats pretty dominate for my guys. Luckily most dewormers kill the worm eggs I might miss on the fecal. Lol

8. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Thank you! Guess now I know what I'm treating for most of what I saw looked like the strongyl & cocci which might explain why this dang lamanchas so hard to put weight on and my bottle brats slow to grow. I already ordered sustain III bolus for the cocci now to see what they have in town for the strongyl a that's pregnant for safe thanks again!!!!!

9. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Your welcome. I love the Ivermectin blue pour on. It does a great job. I dont have dairy though. I believe you cant drink the milk for a few days after use. So you might want to check into that.part.
    I use Corrid for the cocci.

10. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Ivermectrin's what I used on her last time it apperntly didn't do much so time for a new option I think. Corids my usual go to but I read about these boluses and only needing to give it twice seems like a big plus.

11. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Good ideA. Ill go read up on the boluses...thanks

12. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Please do not use a pour in orally!! Ivermectin sheep drench or injectable only (can be given orally as long as there is no anemia). But if you say it didn’t do much, I would switch to cydectin. Again, NEVER THE POUR ON!

toth boer goats likes this.
  13. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    I use horse wormer . And thanks Ive been trying to figure out what to get is cydectin safe for pregnant does?

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  14. bisonviewfarm

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Thanks for the help everyone! I did another fecal on Daisy today cocci and strongyl numbers have dropped nicely. She got quest plus today for the moniezia so I guess I can skip that second does of ivermectin for the strogyls

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.