WARNING TO ANYONE WITH FREEWEBS ACCOUNTS!!!!

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by sixshooterfarm, Feb 20, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    I just got an email from a freind saying hey are you really selling your buck for a $1.50?? I said no, it must be a typo I will go fix it... Well low and behold I went in to my account and someone had hacked into my website and put some very rude things!!! Very suttle like I wouldent notice, like changed some of the names around to make it sound dirty and such. It is really freaking rediculous and very immature. I suggest everyone with an account change your password to something that is a little difficult! This is crazy!!! Stacey if you can can you send out emails to everyone so people can see this?

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    That is really really weird :shocked:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I temporarily made it a "global announcement" so it will be seen on every forum.

very interesting. I will have to check my account and make sure all is well.

Rachel contact freewebs and let them know - they should be made aware of such things

4. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I use to have a freeweb account. I decided to stick with Tripod. :thumb:

5. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Thank you stacey, it is just scary, I mean why in the world would some one do something like that!! I have my suspicion of who I think did it, she is really immature and does not like me because I have better goats than her and she see's me as major competition. She has tried several times to slander me and get other breeder thinking I am a bad breeder. Those breeders dont beleive her cause she keeps buying goats from me lol, I guess I am not that bad of a breeder!!!

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well your alert made me check out my site and currently my site is not working. :veryangry:

So I contacted freewebs - but they are always slow in answering and you never get the right answer anyway. :sigh: Hopefully the problem rights is self soon.

7. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    My site so far seems to be working.....yeah I think it is all okay. That would freak me out real bad!

I used to use Tripod...but I can't load Tripod websites anymore...neither can I load AngelFire websites. :sigh:

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I better check mine. Thanks for the warning.