The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4h goat has gotten some warts on his ears and I have put iodine on them but don't know what to do. Will try to get pics soon!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My 4h goat has gotten some warts on his ears and I have put iodine on them but don't know what to do. Will try to get pics soon!
Maybe you could try the OTC freeze away that people use........you may have to use it more than once. You'll do a freeze/thaw cycle 3 times per treatment. I don't know if it will work but it's worth a shot

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I'll wait for pics before posting a suggestion but posting now so I can find later,

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,019 Posts
Garlic. I had never had a wart in my life until several weeks ago, when one came out on my finger. I taped fresh garlic over it for 24 hours. It peeled off in about 3 days and isn't coming back!
For a goat, I would try garlic simmered a few minutes in olive oil. When it's cool, apply to warts. It will make the hair fall out, but it will quickly grow back in (and hopefully the warts won't!) How long till show time?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My shows are in August, the beginning. One had fallen off and I am waiting to see if the other will fall off. I am not sure if the iodine made it fall off but I put some more iodine on it to make it heal.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I'd the iodine is working keep using it... if it ain't broke don't fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts