The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We just came back from a show and was told that a spot on my does shoulder was a wart. I've been around goats since I was born and I'm 26. Anyways the spot was slightly raised and had hair growing back through it. It was red and irritated but that may have been due to being gather and having the spot scrubbed by my helper. By the next morning the spot had lost the red look and was dark like a scab was forming.

To me this doesn't sound like a wart but I was hoping someone else has dealt with this issue before. I was hoping to show this doe in 3 weeks if I can get this cured.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a couple of hours after it was discovered and still red. I think the helper washing and scrubbing it while I was gone caused the red and irritated look. I'll get a new one tomorrow when I check it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Its hard to tell in the pic but we have a buck with probably a dozen warts. They will sometimes bleed when hes getting shaved but otherwise it doesnt affect him or how he places at shows at all.

·
Super Moderator
58,217 Posts
Is there anything in it, sort of like an abscess? Sometimes hair follicles can get clogged and they kind of turn into abscesses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its slightly raised but no abscess. We are treating it with tea tree oil and washing it once a day with apple cider vinegar to kill anything. There is hair growing in the spot do I'm hoping it was a fungus and not a wart that's healing up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts