The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Juliana/mini potbelly piglet that I have had for about a month. His name is Bentley.
He was confined to a small pen with a crate in it (where he likes to sleep) up until yesterday morning. He has always come right up to me when I call him for mealtimes (he eats twice a day). Even yesterday after I had expanded his living quarters. But tonight he ran away from me and was barking at me when I tried to go up to him with his food. He also kept turning around and squaring off in front of me trying to look all beefy and scary looking (even tho he is only 10 lbs. at the most). So after about 20 minutes of this I gave up. But I didn't leave food down for him because he was being such a turd and I don't want him to think that's how he gets what he wants. Is that cruel tho if I don't feed him again until tomorrow morning? I fed him this morning. He's my first pig but I have other animals and they don't get rewarded for being bratty.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would just give him time to calm down and then go in again and see how he acts and if he behaves then feed him.
He sounds like he was scared of something, maybe something was different about you? You could have smelled different or you wore something he'd never seen you in before. I dont think you were being mean not feeding him.

He could also be reaching sexual maturity (I dont know when pigs do) if you haven't had him neutered. I know boars can be quite mean animals maybe a snip will help him out if he keeps acting like this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.