The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to walk the goats as normal, it's raining today but Bambi usually doesn't care about rain (he's weird) this is my first time taking Thumper along in the rain.
Thumper started screaming I made him walk anyways just thinking it was him complaining and once we got into the clearing I take bambi to in the rain he'd calm down and eat.
Well we got there and he screamed again and then layed down and I had to pick him up to get him back up at that point I was worried so I put them back up.
It was only a light rain a little more than a drizzle.
Does his behavior sound like a normal pissed off goat in the rain or could he be sick.
Him going down is what worried me.

He went right in his house.
Now it's poring out. Maybe he knew it was going to rain hard?

Just a new goat mom over thinking things I'm sure but.. :help:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once the rain lets up I'll get a temp it's raining so hard you cant see well that and it being dark I dont think I could read it.

Yes I've seen him pee but not before he went down.
He's had clumpy poop on and off aswell but I've been give probiotics for that because I assumed it was the diet change.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh he didn't fall down he just flopped down and wouldnt get up I wasnt sure if he was being stubborn or was having issues. Wont be getting a temp anytime soon storm is supposed to get worse until morning. :(
I guess rainy days will just be me and bambi from now on lol.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've had goats flop down when we are training them on the leash. It's very dramatic. I hope that's all that was going on. If he was fighting the leash and ticked off about the rain, he may just being a stubborn goat. :)

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
Oh he didn't fall down he just flopped down and wouldnt get up I wasnt sure if he was being stubborn or was having issues. Wont be getting a temp anytime soon storm is supposed to get worse until morning. :(
I guess rainy days will just be me and bambi from now on lol.
Although goats really don't like the rain, I doubt it had anything to do with that. I've been known to put a halter on a young wether or buckling and 'lead' them to a new pen. Every one of them have flopped on their side raising holy hell at least 3 or 4 times during the process - nothing wrong with them before I put the halter on them, miraculous recovery after I took the halter off. I would be willing to bet he was pitching a fit - pure and simple.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
4,911 Posts
Sounds to me like he was being stubborn. :) My goats do that sometimes. I've had one goat stiffen up and fall over like she was having a seizure, all from fighting a lead. Another of my goats will rub her neck on the ground, attempting to "scrape" me off, or maybe just to annoy me. Another will scream like all get out and pull backward. (Sometimes the only way to get her where you want her is to pull in the opposite direction, lol!)
But if your gut feeling says something is wrong, don't hesitate to have him checked out. If there's one thing I've learned from owning goats, it's that my "gut feeling" is usually right - more so the better I know them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.