Was wondering if it is okay or not....

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by myfavgoats, Feb 9, 2008.

1. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Hello you all..

I wanted to ask u guys something about 1 % solution copper drench.. That what I uses for my girls.. But I notice that one of my doe and she is pregnant. I see her tail is like fish looky. I wasnt sure if it is safe to give it to her or not. Becuz I have NO idea when she is due.. I have been giving her vitiams and sweetlix minerals.. It seem that she needs more.. I need your help about this..

Oh another questions. After they kidd the babies. If I give them copper solution drench , will we be able to drink the milk?? If not. Let me know. So I dont want to hurt us.. Thank u so much.. Thank for input..

2. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I wouldn't give it while she is pregnant. I have no idea about mik withdrawl.

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Not ignoring but I have never used the solution thing. I do add some copper to the mineral mix some days of the week but haven't even done that long enough to know if it works or not.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    No, it is not advisable to give extra copper other than what is in their minerals when they are pregnant. what color is she?

There is no withdrawl time for the copper drenches, you can drink the milk and so can the babies.

6. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    My doe is black. But her tail is like fishtail and she is starting to get reddish like..

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    What kind of sweetlix minerals are you feeding? block or loose? and are you feeding Meat Maker minerals? My goats always did the best on those. Are you feeding any kelp or redman salt? If you are, she could be getting to much iodine, and iodine prevents the absorbtion of copper.

8. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I am not feeding her kelp meal or redman salt.. We have been using purina and now switch over to sweetlix meat maker mineral but i cannot find the loose ones. It is a block.. I have been using sweetlix for like three months now.

9. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Well. I finally found sweetlix LOOSE mineral. But they dont like it.. I dont understand why.. They LOVE to eat the sweetlix block mineral. They are strange goats..

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I would take their block away, they will most likely eventually eat the loose stuff.

11. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I dont have block minerals. Becuz I ran out a month ago.. And I finally found loose sweetlix mineral yesterday.. They wont even touch it. It seem weird. Why do they like the block? Oh well..

12. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    they probably arent eating it because they dont need any minerals....leave it out or offer it everyday.

13. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    I would simply fill a feeder that is in a draft free place and let them eat the minerals as they need them; they don't always 'run' for the minerals, even if they have been out for a while. But they will eventually start picking at them more 'noticeably'. With blocks it is 'easier' to tell if anyone has been gnawing at the minerals, with loose mineral, it isn't always so easy to moniter until they really make a 'dent' in the feeder! :wink: