The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I am washing my goat today do I need to towel dry or do I even need to dry her?? if so how o I dry her???:)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I wash on warm days when they can dry in the sun though I do towel them off a little to get most of the wet off when their hair is long. If they've been shaved then I don't bother with the towel as they dry so fast anyway.

I guess I wash mine like I do my dogs.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ill just dry her off and probley put her on grass then put her In the pen thanks!!!!

·
14,802 Posts
This is how my kids do their 4-H goats...

They wait until the warmest part of the day that they can wash them, let them shake, then walk them and tie them to the fence, use their hands under the belly going back and forth to help get some of the dripping water off, then towel dry. Stand behind the goat, and rub forward and backward on the back and sides then under the belly, working front to back. Works well for my kids.
They keep them tied in the sun so it helps them dry, once they are dry they turn them loose, or put them in a stall <or on the trailer if they are showing that day>.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!

·
8,370 Posts
We wash ours in the sun then use a horse sweat scraper to get the excess water off. Then I just let them wander around until dry.
We do try and keep them out of drafts.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts