washing stinky down

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by crow, Nov 3, 2009.

1. crow

crow New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Iowa
    When the my boys get all stinky durring rutt, I notice that he has lost a little bit of hair on the back of his front legs? I cleaned him up and put some balm on him. What do you folks do when they get all nasty? I also cleaned their heads and balmed it too. there is not any sores or redness just a little hair loss, Man does this job stink! but I dont want my boys getting sores, am I missing anything, or is that all I can do? Thanks folks.

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They tend to get urine scald on the back of their fronts legs from peeing on themselves so much, putting bag balm where they are losing hair helps some to prevent them from getting really bad urine scald.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    try some Vaseline to help the urine to just slide off and not touch the skin.

4. crow

crow New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Iowa
    Thanks folks, I wasent sure if taken and washing such a stinky little thing until spring was prototype, but I thought it needed done. still trying to get it off me now! lol

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Urine scarld is pretty commen this ime of year. Some bucks get it pretty severaly. I have a friend who nubian buck burns his face as well. keep the area clean and dry as much as you can. If it gets really bad put some desitin on it. It will help a lot. Sometimes i put bag balm over the top of it as well.
    beth