Wat color is my goats classified as?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Hidden Waters Farm, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Ok, so I have 2 Mother and Daughter Nubian does that are almost identical in pattern, My Mom is still confused on which is which. They are brown front and black hind end with black markings on the legs and head. The daughter Halo is just a little bit lighter brown then her mother Sissy. On their registration papers it does state brown and black however Im working on my website and want the descriptions as detailed as possible. They are very similar to this goat just brown instead of tan. [​IMG]

Also I couldnt resist. I was searching on google for a good pic that shows the pattern and found this Goat-Antelope the Sumatran. When I first saw the quick view I did think it was just an odd looking goat, the rear end is similar. http://www.arkive.org/sumatran-serow/ca ... atraensis/

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    If it was a nigerian it would be cou clair, not sure if it changes for nubians though.

3. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Also, What color is is this goat? Sammy is an American Nubian. His dam and grandam are the two I wondered about above. I think Sammy's sire was gold. but anyways this is him!

[​IMG]
    He is darker now, His front is still lighter then the back. His legs look reddish gold, plus hes a buck in rut :p I wish I had a camera (Come on Christmas!)

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    If I had to say - it is a belted beige roan.

5. Whatever he is he is CUTE!!!! :love:

6. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Yeah, He is a cutie. he has a tail like a dog, only shorter. My Mom would much rather him be a wethered pet as he has the attitude of a dog, even to the extent that he likes to ride in the car. I dont mind either way I suppose, but he is my only registrable buck through ADGA. Anyways, Thanks for the help! I will probably have more when I get pics.