The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. We are using a galvanized water trough and an old bathtub to keep water available in the pastures. We do use floating water device so that the water will always be full. How do you keep them being green? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
58,939 Posts
Are they big enough to put fish in? Some people put a certain type of fish in their water tanks but not sure what the fish is.

The other thing would be to drain and clean every so often.

·
2,203 Posts
Gold fish, bull heads, suckers.

Or ACV works great too. You can also buy a small bubbler to keep the water moving. Plus it makes the critters drink more as well!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I just add some ACV to my water tubs/waterer's, etc., no more algae.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. How much acv the bathtub is a standard and the water trough is about the same size. I was thinking about 40 gallons. We do drain out water and scrub then refill every few days. We have tried the gold fish with no luck..

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
No, I don't imagine you would have any luck with the goldfish in a bath tub....not enough water and the goldfish would cook. I use about 1/3 cup in 15 gallons, so that would be a little less than 2/3's of a cup for 40. It won't hurt if you use a little more, just make sure the ACV is raw and unfiltered so your goats get all the benefits of the ACV. I have discovered that my goats drink more water when it has ACV in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts