The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I must vent! So, it's an old house, but it's not a particularly old well. But, I can't believe that it should be this much trouble!!! I water a little in my garden or something and I loose water pressure. It's always something. Sometimes I think these plumbers are just fixing the symptoms instead of really finding out what the problem is. :hair: :angry: :veryangry:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm sorry - not having water or good water pressure is really, really frustrating. I can't help you but .... :hug:

I hope things get straightened out soon for you.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
it isn't your pump or you Well but your inside thing, what is it called :scratch: oh dear - shoot! I will get back to you on the name of it.

We have the same issue here for 22 years! We just have learned to live with it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
We had the same problem when we moved here. We just adjusted the pressure on the pump. Just keep fiddling with it till you get it where you want it. You may want to get a plumber that works with wells on a regular basis. We found that they all claim they know about wells and pumps but some work with them more often than others.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
My hubby has a friend that specifically does work with wells, drilling and maintence...you may be able to find one in your area in the yellow pages under water wells, or water systems....most are not cheap though they do know what they are doing, saved us a heap of trouble having a friend that does it for a living.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a switch of some sort. Don't let anyone tell you "oh you have free water" when you have a well! Our previous house had city water and a septic system. Now that was good...didn't have to worry about water (well, unless there was a LOT of rain) and it was pretty cheap. I think having a sewer is were they "get" you (fee for this or that and of course some more taxes). But, oh well, it works now. Thanks for listening to me, I'm better now.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Nope- not cheap at all- I just spent $300 dollars on a "patch" to my system until I can do more. My water come from a creek about 1500 feet down hill- it's then pumped into some holding tanks about 800 feet down hill where it is shared bewteen 11 households. Then to my place where is pumped into the house- boy can things go wrong with that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts