Watery eye and nose.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Oct 20, 2010.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Ok my goat rainbow she is pretty much white. So around her eye it looks pink. But it waters bad her eye and I dont know what is causing it. It looks like there is crusty stuff under it sometimes. Also her nose always looks dirty, she has a pink nose and it looks dirty sometimes and runny. What could I do for this because she acts fine, eats and drinks. She has been bred so dont want to give anything that would hurt her. Thanks for any help or advice I get.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This time of the year, colds are quite often the reason for runny noses and eyes. As long as you are not seeing any changes to her eye...like it's clouded over and the runny nose is clear and not white , yellow or green and she's not running a temp you can safely use a bit of Vet Rx in her nose...it works like a charm for my Hank, he always gets a fall cold. IF she doesn't clear up within the week, you can safely put her on a course of Pen G, it will take care of any infection and it won't hurt the pregnancy.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Well I was going to write everything Liz did - seems she has it covered :thumb: :)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yep me to....great job Liz..... :wink: :thumbup:

5. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thanks I will try the vet rx so I should give that for a week are just for a few days. She is the only one that is like this so, I wasnt sure what was going on.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    A few drops in each nostril once to twice a day for 2-3 days should work.