The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tomorrow I’m taking my herd of does (5) ALL the way across the property to a new pasture for the day. It had cattle on it but they were moved, and then it grew up with some tall grass and weeds.
The goats are in a mostly dirt pen with hay at the moment, so I know they will be super happy to see all the green! I’ll share pictures and let everyone know how the journey goes, it’s going to be interesting considering that they have to walk past their weaned kids and the big buck!
So I’m also thinking about letting the doelings and whether come with them. They have been completely separate from the mamas for a month. And the does are dry except for the whethers mother, who I’m still trying to dry up, but I’ll milk her before I let her out. So my question is: do you think they’ll be ok out with the herd for the day? Or will they terrorize their mothers? Either party doesn’t seem to have any interest in each other at the moment.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, here we go! The journey could’ve went a bit smoother since 2 of them decided to chill with the buck for a minute. So I had to make two trips for them.
I ended up only putting the doelings in with them since the wether looked desperate to get to mama. The two doeling are in the back of the picture.

Plant Dog Vertebrate Tree Mammal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts