We are done

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Feb 20, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Ok, it is a bitter sweet feeling. I went out to feed this morning and Topaz, was not at the gate to greet me. I thought, OK, she is still sleeping (I would be if I could it was 5:15). I opened the gate, then I saw her, she came over to me and turned around. I thought I saw some Blood on her butt, but it was dark, so I went in and there she was a beautiful white doe. She had a doe!!!! :dance: :dance: .
    I was really surprised because I called the lady that I bought her from and she said that she was in with the Buck the 1st of October. WOW, he works fast. Anyway we thought we had time. We had her on the stations on Saturday giving her the CDT (missed hers also), and combing her fiber out, trimming hoofs, and checking her over. That is when we decided we had a few weeks because if you were to look at her bag, it is really no bigger then maybe a 5 year olds hands cupped. It is very very small. (mom did great she was a FF).
    The baby was up and all clean, dried and had food in her tummy and jumping all around. I did notice one side was engorged "if you could call it that", so I was able to get a wax plug off it and I did milk her out just to make sure the teat was clear of anything else. I gave mom the molasses water and she drank it like crazy, Brenna (my daughter), went to dip the cord, because I was already way late for leaving for work.
    So we are all done for the year. (Bitter Sweet) :clap: :tears: :tear:

So we ended up with 8 Does, and 5 boys total. But we lost 1 doe and two boys.

We are keeping one Boy for our buck (Tucker), and three does. Most all the rest are sold, but not all just yet.

So I will now enjoy all your babies and listen to your sleepless nights. :slapfloor:

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Congrats on the doeling! :stars: :leap: I know how you feel about kidding being over.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well thats great Lori. It is always a bitter sweet thing when they are all done for the year.

Now enjoy all those babies and keep smiling knowing it was a good year :D

Congratulations on the new doe and a healthy delivery for mom

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Kidding is a stressful time even when things go right. So now I hope you can rest up while enjoying the babies.