The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got Sandy thinking she was a good match for our herd. After having her for awhile now we realized she just isn't a good match. She is a Nigerian Boer doe who just doesn't like people.. We know she isnt good breeding quality at all and thats another reason why we are not keeping her. She's just not a good fit. We are trying to find her a home where the people have time to tame her down and hopefully she can life her life stress free of breeding. So a pet only. But if the new owners wanted to breed her, itd be their choice. Hopefully we can find her a good home soon.

I feel like its defiantly a good choice to rehome her as we cant just keep all of them just because we like them. They need a purpose, and I definitely dont feel comfortable breesding her knowing shes just really bad quality and not to mention nobody wants boer mixes around here unlese they are Boer Nubian.. It also makes it soo hard to deal with her when you step one foot closer and she's ready to try and jump the fence.. So I hope moving her down the road is the right decision. I feel bad rehoming her tho.. Its hard not knowing if someone else can care for one the way we do for her. She has had defrint health problems too, thats another reason I dont want to breed her.馃槪. Are we, better yet am I making the right decision?... I just want her to have a happy, and healthy life...

Vertebrate Plant Goat Mammal Grass
Eye Plant Goat Dog breed Human body

Goat Grass Fawn Plant Goat-antelope

Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
Sounds like good reasons to me. I really dislike dealing with skittish goats. No offense to them at all, but it is not something I want to deal with in my herd. I'm sure you'll find her a good home!

Super Moderator
We all have what we consider our ideal goat, and things that we will put up with and won鈥檛. If she is not something you are thrilled about for whatever reason then yes you are making the right decision. It is so hard to sell something that we have raised but what helps me in doing so is realizing that goat is taking up space and money for feed for another goat that might fit in with what I want perfectly.

Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You must do what is in your herds best interest. No one here will judge you. I think your reason is a good one.
Sounds like good reasons to me. I really dislike dealing with skittish goats. No offense to them at all, but it is not something I want to deal with in my herd. I'm sure you'll find her a good home!
We all have what we consider our ideal goat, and things that we will put up with and won鈥檛. If she is not something you are thrilled about for whatever reason then yes you are making the right decision. It is so hard to sell something that we have raised but what helps me in doing so is realizing that goat is taking up space and money for feed for another goat that might fit in with what I want perfectly.
I know the feeling, it is ok.
We thrive to make a better herd. ;)
Thank y'all. She might be going to one of our personal friends farms!

Super Moderator
Even if I felt conflicted about it at the time, I have never once regretted selling a goat that was difficult to work with. I think you'll find that it'll be a relief when she's gone.
Yes! That is a perfect way to put it. Making the decision and sticking with it really is hard. But once the problem child is gone, there has never been regret for me either.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A guy might get Sandy tomorrow for a friend of his. We've known him for years and years. Actually, hes the Ups driver who brings us most of our stuff lol... She would be going to a wonderful home if so!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts