The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is THE day! We are drivin to Va to pick up a lil Cricket. :coolmoves::eek:mg::inlove:. She is a ff this year and a f4 mini nubian. The pic with the four kids.... only two are hers... but she is lettin the other two nurse. Silly bean but that is kinda awesome too that she will feed anyone. :). Her owner said she had started to lose weight so she separated her from the other does at feeding thinkin she was bein kicked out of the feed dishes. Then she was out and saw two not hers kids nursin away and the lightbulb went on... oh she is just makin milk for two extras. (rofl). She has not been milked but her owner puts her on the stand and goes through the motions with her. Should make for fun times the next lil bit. :imok:But that is ok! I have the patience to work through the kinks with her. :nod:.

Plus! A whole day all alone with paul! OFF THE FARM and away from dramas! The trip is worth it just for that alone! The dramas have been up to my eyeballs lately and the nice country ride will be wonderful. We always have a good time on short outings like this together.

Her coloring makes me think of our phoenix boy.

58E1176C-1C2A-42C3-AB32-CF1E09F010F9.jpeg
620DED5E-9D0D-47C8-AC3A-6092B862E9D6.jpeg
78A38DAF-5E89-4D1D-9866-054FCC895EB0.jpeg
E57C003C-6FB5-4119-BBDF-D22101E09CA3.png

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Sure enough, the stripes down the face are almost identical. Blue eyes, even. The white patch on her head sort of looks like a hair pretty. I like the name Cricket, wonder if she was a bouncy kid. Built in wet nurse if you need one. Bonus (highfive) Nice udder, looks like the teats would fit nicely into a hand. Excited for you, ... the trip, the long waited for doe coming to her new home. She is a special and beautiful doe, congratulations.
:clapping:

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What sort of dramas if you don't mind my asking?
Family stuffs. Crazy crazy family stuffs. That is all heaped onto mine and paul's shoulders. Our middle son in ky is havin big problems. And learnin to take care of as much as she will let us my lewy bodies dimentia mama. Mama lives in her own home here on the farm but it is always somethin lately. It is just hard and even a day break will be nice.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure enough, the stripes down the face are almost identical. Blue eyes, even. The white patch on her head sort of looks like a hair pretty. I like the name Cricket, wonder if she was a bouncy kid. Built in wet nurse if you need one. Bonus (highfive) Nice udder, looks like the teats would fit nicely into a hand. Excited for you, ... the trip, the long waited for doe coming to her new home. She is a special and beautiful doe, congratulations.
:clapping:
Her owner waited to decide to sell or not after she freshened cause she was a bit skittish and did not like attention before. But she says now she is a little love. Cannot wait!

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Congratulations! She's be beauty! Sorry stress has been ganging up on you, you sure don't need more.
Have a safe trip to pick up Cricket and totally enjoy your day off, you've earned it.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Congratulations! What a beautiful doe! That is what I am dreaming of hopefully get from dippin' dots :eek:ohlala: So pretty.

Hope you have a great trip! Always good to step back from the drama and take a breather.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations! She's be beauty! Sorry stress has been ganging up on you, you sure don't need more.
Have a safe trip to pick up Cricket and totally enjoy your day off, you've earned it.
I told paul i was cuttin off my phone and he could deal with any dramas. Hahahaha! I also told mama that she needed call paul if she needed anything durin the day and not me. And. Wrote hos number and taped it to the counter last night. Ha! She wont call him unless an animal is out or the house is afire. :). And if the kids cannot get me they automatically call dad. Win!

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congratulations! What a beautiful doe! That is what I am dreaming of hopefully get from dippin' dots :eek:ohlala: So pretty.

Hope you have a great trip! Always good to step back from the drama and take a breather.
This lady is SUPER picky on what leaves her farm... if it is not up to her standards they are kenmore bound. I am really happy with Cricket. I wish he teats were longer but hey they are longer than gracie's. :). So paul will still have an easier time milkin her. Plus my lil honey bear has beautiful teats like Dora had. So i will have my dreamy teats in a few years. Hahaha! I said last night when i talked to the lady that i am indeed lucky she didnt change her mind when she saw cricket nursin not hers. She said nope we made the deal so it will stand but it is gonna be hard. Lol!

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
Oh...I know about drama with mama. I am living that now. ENJOY your day away! And enjoy that BEAUTIFUL mini!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts