We got a pip!

Discussion in 'Chickens & Poultry' started by MidnightRavenFarm, Oct 8, 2020.

1. MidnightRavenFarm

MidnightRavenFarm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    In the middle of the night some how we lost the chick that looked like a silky. Don’t know if it was a large mouse or what. I have momma and her other chick sleeping in my spare bedroom until we can figure out what happened. I feel so bad for her

2. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

They are so cute! So sorry to hear you lost one. At least they have Mama hen to keep them company. :)

3. MidnightRavenFarm

MidnightRavenFarm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    I feel bad that only two chicks hatched and now one is gone. So I’m paranoid and over protective of the last chick lol. But it’s in the 30s tonight so I think momma and baby might enjoy being inside

4. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Oh so sorry you lost one! We have always had problems with snakes getting in our chick boxes at night. We even had a snake kill a full grown rabbit one time! Long story short, we live in Texas and rat snakes are vicious here.
    Anyway I hope you find out what happened to the little dragon chick! So sad!

5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    0hhh so.cute...I'm sorry you lost one..i.hope mama will help keep the other one alive & well. Good luck!

MadHouse and CaramelKittey like this.
  6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

We have mice here too. All newborns and moms sleep inside at night till they are at least a month old and big enough to run away by themselves.
    I am so sorry you lost one chicky. Good luck with the other one.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California