We Got Babies!!! :D

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by capriola-nd, Nov 27, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We had babies born at the farm today!! Cessy had twin does! :) Royal Blue is at five does, two bucks now. :shades:
    I'm not sure if they have blue eyes or not but will hopefully find out soon. . . .

Will get pics up asap! Of course, Cessy couldn't have kidded yesterday when I was at the farm! :roll: Next time I'll be down will be Sunday. So, will take my camera and laptop and get piccies up. Can't wait to see them! :D

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :clap: Congrats! on the kids!!! :girl: :girl: cant wait to see them, do you know the colors yet?

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Olivia! I didn't know you were waiting on babies! Congratulations on the :girl: :girl:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :stars: Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pics!! Did you get any neat colors...or do you know yet! How exciting!!

5. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Congrats on your new doelings!!!! I'm ready for February to get here, so I can share some news of new babies being born. :cool:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congratulations... :) ....can't wait to see the pics... :thumbup:

7. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    :party: Healthy Kids are definitely reason to celebrate :party:

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :stars:

Congrats on babies, and two girls to boot! Cant wait for pics!

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks everyone! :D

Well, very sad news. One of the doelings got out of the kidding pen and got her leg stuck in the slats of the barn floor (it's a wierd barn) she died during the night. :( My cousin (these were her babies) was so devastated! I feel so bad for her! :tears: So, my grandpa and uncle went through all the pens near the kidding area and sealed up those slats in the floor. When I go on Sunday, I'm going to double-check them all. I hate it when this kind of stuff happens. :tears: Makes me feel bad that we should have fixed that before this happened. All these lessons learned are getting so annoying. :(

My aunt and cousins don't really know the "Nigerian" colorings but they said one was red and white and the other was like a buckskin, I think. But I will know for sure what color the other girl is on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if she's a chamoisee, Roy's been throwing a lot of chammy's.

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, yeah Liz, we're expecting more kids soon too. Sunset Eve (aka: Cordelia) is due the 6th of December and Sassafras is due anytime she's ready! Sheesh. I saw her get bred in June which put her due date in early-November. . . . apparently she got bred again when no one was looking, so she's due soon.

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh no...that is so sad, i'm sorry for you and your cousin. good thing you got it all sealed up.

12. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Sorry to hear the news about the one doeling... :( But congrats on the remaining doeling. Can't wait to see pictures of her. :)

13. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    oh I hate those kinds of lessons! :( I bred Persian and Himalayan cats for 10 years, and I learned quite a few of those lessons with the cats, too. I think they come with everything in life, but it doesn't make things any easier. I think a lot of times it's like having a baby in the house; you have to get down at "baby" level and walk around, looking for things to get into, places to squeeze into, and if you find any dangers, get rid of them. It's "kid-proofing" the barn like baby proofing a house... Well, my condolences. I'm very sorry...

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    do you have a picture of the baby?

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! Sounds like your buck is really earning his keep with all those girls!

16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, I got piccies, just resizing them for here. . . . will put on in a few. :)

Yeppers, he is earning his keep! We decided to keep him. My mom and aunt think it's a bad idea for me to let him go so soon. He's a really good boy. :D

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Okay, here's some not-so-great pics. She is a jumpy little baby!! Only five days old in these pics but a big girl! :) She's so cute, reminds me of Tigger with all her hopping around. Oh, and she has the cutest ears!! Probably not the best ear set but so cute! :)
    She looks short-bodied in these pics but she is not at all, she's actually very long. :D

This pic was taken either right before a big jump or right after (I think right after). ;)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    AAAWWWWW...... How cute!!! She is adorable!!!

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What a flashy little girl!!! Congrats! And Blue eyes to boot!

20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    awwwwwww she is... super sweet and adorable..... :) :love: