The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Goats
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have 10 does that we are keeping ( we actually have 11 but we are selling may) so we will have 10 does to breed this next may? Or sooner this winter. We have 4 bucks we will be keeping ( we actually have 7 but 2 (Arthur & Tomy) are for sale and the other one (Marvin) is on hold for a trade). Ima go over everyone since we have got more goats since the last time I posted pics of all our goats so, here we goo!!

All my doe(s)

Cupcake- Nubian/Boer 5 years old

Sparrow- Pygmy/Nigerian 2/half years old

Scarlett- a unregistered Nigerian that is 2/half years old

Trixy- Lamancha/Nubian who is 4 months old

Ally- Alpine/Nubian she is 3 months old

April- Lamancha/Nubian 2 months old

Daisy- ND/Pygmy thats 2 months old

Grace- Saanen/ND 15 days old

Betsy- Saanen/ND 15 days old (Grace's sister)

New girl in town!
Fawn- 100% Nigerian

·
Registered
Goats
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Our goats for sale~ (update we found lady and her two bucklings good homes)

(Update we have a place that Marvin is going to but he has yet to leave the property)

Tomy- Nigerian/Pygmy two months old (half brother to cip and ciper and full brother to Daisy)

Arthur- Lamancha/Nubian 2 months old (full brother to April and half brother to Trixy)

Also have these two but they sent for sale yet. I will be selling them in a couple weeks

May- Alpine/Nubian 1 month old (half sister to Ally and full sister to Marvin)

·
14,760 Posts
They are all adorable, love the variety! I think we are down to 21 goats right now lol (((yes I am sitting here counting at this very moment lol))) but we have fullblood Boer.
8 mamas
6 Dec kids (2 does, 4 bucks)
7 March kids (4 does, 3 bucks)

Yep...21 lol. We have a March buckling for sale but sadly I think he'll go for meat and that breaks my heart :( All of the other young goats will hopefully be shown at some point over the summer along with 1 mama. Then we'll probably sell 1 mama, and keep most of the young goats depending since my daughter wants to get some new bloodlines this fall. It's fun to grow your herd. I honestly wish we had added in some percentage does, we miss showing percentage, but it's so hard to spend $$ on a nice percentage doe then worry that she will throw bucks that can't be registered lol

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
What a good looking variety of breeds you have. Just curious what your goat goals are? When we first started we bounced around a bit trying to find our fit..started with a flea market goat that we think was nubian/boer cross....then we got registered boer..then a few dairy Girls for 2 of our boys can't have cow milk...from there we bounced around with LaMancha, Saanen, Alpine, Nubian, Ober, a few mixes..and nigies. We settled on LaMancha as our suited breed with Nigies a close second. I do love the Saanen beeed...but love color so..there is that. It can take time to find what you want to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts