We have BABIES!!!! Our very first baby goats ever!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by laststraw, Oct 7, 2007.

1. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    We have TWINS - our very first baby goats ever!! Zuni had a little girl and little boy between 2 and 4:30 am this morning. Of course, she waited until we were between checking and delivered them all on her own - which was fine with me since she did a great job. :D

It's been a long time since I've posted photos, so if this doesn't work - I will try again. :?

Has anyone ever had problems with cats and baby dwarf goats? They seem awfully interested, but no one has tried anything, yet...

Baby Boy
    [​IMG]
    Baby Boy, again
    [​IMG]
    Zuni and the twins
    [​IMG]
    Zuni and the twins
    [​IMG]
    The twins with the girl facing us
    [​IMG]

2. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Congrats, Oh my gosh they're adorable. Shelly

3. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Oh how cute. Not sure about the cats as I do not have any but I am sure someone will chime in on that one.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    They are sooooooooo......... CUTE!!!!!!!!! I don't think I would worry about the cats.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! HOW CUTE!! WHAT COLORS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your first kids, how exciting!!!!!!

As to the cats - our one cat gets in with the goats all the time. The mama does keep the cat away from the kids in the first few days but after that the cat didn't seem interested.

6. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Thanks, everyone! Zuni is letting the cat that has slept in with them before hang around, but runs the others off - we'll keep an eye on them. The cats brought a jack-rabbit in once, quartered it and stuffed it in a carpeted cat box... I threw the box out and had to scrub the blood off the walls. Teach me to resuce cats!! :lol:

Honey is next - due on Thursday, so please keep your fingers crossed for us! Thanks, again!! We're missing Goatweb and glad we found y'all.

7. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I wouldnt worry about the cats as mine are curious too and they smell milk that is the draw I think, but they are not that brave...the babies make it all worth while and they are so fun to watch also...mine are all now 2 mths old or older and none due till March and yours sure are cute...I just sold my little wether and I miss him already...have fun with them they grow so fast...I dotn think I ever get over the thrill when they are being born either...it just gives me chills ...every time whether its goats or cows or anything around here....

8. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    WOW! Those are some beautiful babies! Their mom is gorgeous, too! I really love the colors on the little girl.

I have lots of barn cats....never had a problem with them bothering the goat, although I have a huge tom cat that loves to cuddle up w/them when they are sleeping. The others mostly sniff them over then ignore them.

9. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    HOW ADORABLE!!!! That is just tooo cute!!!!!

We have a couple of cats and the goats usually just run them out of the pins if they get tired of them. I wouldn't think they would be a problem.

10. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Congratulations on those adorable babies- they look so much like their mom.

11. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    OH they are sooo cute. i like there momma to. what nice colors. i always love to look at nigi babies because they look so small compared to the alpine ones that i get.

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    They are adorable! Congrats and good luck with the next kidding!

13. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    They are so cute! We have cats in the barn and around the goats, they don't bother them at all. Just me when I'm trying to milk and they want a taste!

14. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Thank you all, again!! It's great to have this type of community online. I am sooooo glad that we found you since Goatweb is down. We are exhausted, but momma and babies are doing great - bedding down for the night. I'll post more photos in the next couple of days, and, of course, once Honey has her babies, too!

Hugs to everyone! :D

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They are cute! I love buckskins.

16. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Congrats again!! and I can't wait to see those new pics :D

17. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    aww what cute babies!

18. heidi19

heidi19 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    They are sooooo cute. Love the colors, what a great time this will be for you. (heidi19) Jan

19. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    gotta chime in with the 'so cute'!! i love the way the mom and babes all 'match'. very nice. what did the dad look like?
    enjoy. and good luck with the next arrivals. just great little ones!!

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!! Those are some pretty lil' babies...and momma too!
    They are adorable and it looks as though their momma is very attentive...so I wouldn't worry bout the kitties hurting those babies...I'd worry more of momma putting a hurtin' on the kitties!! :D