We have baby boers!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by PattiXmas, Apr 18, 2010.

1. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Well, I guess it shouldn't really be posted in the "Waiting Room", but my son has been waiting for his wethers since January 1st!

He picked out two really nice looking young fellows. The one is a MONSTER, he has named him Ribs. The other is a nice looking one as well, just a bit young. Since we got them from our friend, and since she knows I bottle feed Eve, she allowed him to come home, but said bring him back in a few days if he doesn't seem to be eating. Well, Adam (aka Bacon) is eating hay and feed just fine. He also took half a bottle this morning! I hope I don't get attached too him as i am to Eve:).

2. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    That's great. I gather from "Ribs" and "Bacon" you are raising them for meat? Goat is good eating!

3. Well congrats, sounds like you got some dandies. Love the names...Is your son showing or how is that one working? If you can bottle feed and they are eating you should do just fine.

4. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    Congrats on your new boys!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    He shows them in the 4H as showmanship and also as market wethers. I convinced him and promised him to change their names. Last year, we had gone with a Mafia theme - Fat Tony and Sammy the Sammich. He did quite well with the boys and I like the "rebel" feel. So, Ribs is now Furio and Bacon is Silvio. I did get Silvio to drink a bit more last night, as I have watched him, and he seems to be eating and drinking just fine on his own. I guess a little bit each night won't hurt him, and we are watching him close.

We have only one more big load of furniture to move today, so I'll try to get out and get pics of the boys. They are rather handsome, if I do say so myself. They are traditional, as our breeder didn't get any flashy colors this year:(.