We have Hammerhead kids!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by badnewsboers, Apr 11, 2009.

1. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    On Wednesday Bulldog had a buck kid. Luckily Ray was there when she had him because she was screaming in pain and he had to pull the kid. Both mom and baby are doing fine. The buck is a colorful rascal and is really thrown out on all corners. Too young to tell much else but I like him so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I knew since Bulldog went it meant that that Sadie and Cowlick would go soon as well. I was hopeful they would go while I was home this weekend but wasn't counting on it. In fact I was joking Sadie would kid after I left for my show. To my surprise when I went out to the farm, Sadie was acting weird. She was staying in the barn and didn't come out to meet me like usual. She finally came out and I saw her arch her back like she was having a contraction-but nothing streaming yet. So I gave her some privacy and went to work with my doe I'm showing Monday. I went back to check on er and she was no longer in the barn. I frantically searched for her and she was behind the building. Beside was the prettiest paint kid. I ran over to check, and yes it was a doe! She was still wet so I gave Sadie privacy to finish cleaning her off. Ray went out to see her and was surprised she only had one. I was so thrilled with the kid's coloring I didn't mind.

A few minutes later I walked back over to check on Sadie and the kid. To my surprise there was another kid on the ground, still in the sack. I ran over and it was a traditional buck kid. I cleared his nose and mouth a let Sadie do the rest. I came back a few minutes later and that buck was already up and trying to nurse. The doe was still content to lay down. I moved Sadie and her kids into a sheltered run because it is supposed to storm tonight. Once they were confined-both kids were nursing vigorously. I'm happy with them. They have a lot of bone and seem to be fairly long.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All these babies are off of a buck named Hammerhead-he's an RRD Hammertime (famous paint buck) son. Before we bred to him not many of his kids have had any color. So far we've had 3 out of 4 have color.

If anyone has any name suggestions for Sadie's kids please throw them out. I'm thinking of calling the boy Jackhammer. Not sure about the doe yet. I'd like a name that's Hammer related though.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    congrats!

cant think of any names though...jackhammer is cute.

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    im sorry.. but the first thing that popped in my head with the title.. was a kid body and a hammer head shark head..

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are adorable.... :wink: :love:

5. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    aww cute. Ye should call him Hamlet =]

LW

6. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    What cuties :stars:

The first name that popped into my head was, "It's Hammer Time" That does date me a bit doesn't it! :)

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    :cool: Congrats! :shades: Gonna leave the names to others.

8. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Hehe, well their Grandfather's name is Hammer Time. :greengrin:

9. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    You could call her HammerThyme, Thyme for short.

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    or "Thor's Hammer"

Thor is the god of thunder, and he carried a hammer..(to beat people with?) im not sure (maybe it shot lightning?) anyways....lol

11. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Types of hammers:
    Ball peen
    claw
    sledge
    finishing
    framing
    dead blow

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
  13. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Sledge hammer is coool...
    :ROFL: That would be good to! :ROFL:

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that's a good one........ :wink: :greengrin:

15. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    :ROFL: I say Ball peen lol

MC Hammer
    U Can't Touch This

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    CUTE! I love that first buck. :love:

17. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    lol mc hammer...lol :wink:

18. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on the kids!! Very nice!! Funny you mention the name Jack Hammer, I just named one of my bucks that. :D

19. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Thanks! That first buck is a beast. I like him a lot.

20. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    There are Hammertime kids names Sledge Hammer and Can't Touch This. I thought about Can't Touch This anyways but have no clue what I'd use for a call name.

Its way too hard thinking of a hammer related name that works for a girl. :hair:

HammerThyme is cute though. Hmm...