The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've had a pretty monochromatic herd for a while, black with white spots, a brown mini-Nubian, and a black/brown moonspotted buck. All the kids were iterations of previous (b/w). Finally, we got this splashy buckling! I love him.

We're on "E" names this year and open to suggestions. He's a Mini Nubian x Nigerian and polled. Photos don't capture how cute!

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're all so fun- thanks! Our last litter was Eloise, (Swirling) Eddie, and Elefante. My 10 yr old daughter is buying the doeling, who looks exactly like her mama, so I'm going to suggest Echo for her. She was thinking Elder (as in elderflower).

Do you ever sell your kids livestock? I figure she has true control in her breeding program then and can earn money on any kids. She will get a discount though...

·
Registered
752 Posts
He's adorable! Congratulations! Are you going to keep him?

My first few years of breeding, I always got fairly plain colored goats. I had high hopes for flashy colors, but my kids were usually variations of buckskin. I'd even have dreams in the weeks before kidding that my does kidded litters of plain brown babies! In the last couple of years, I haven't cared. I just want healthy kids and easy deliveries, and good conformation too of course. And go figure, the last couple of years I've had flashy litters and lots of color. So it appears that the key to getting pretty colors is to no longer care about pretty colors :clever:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha! I'd have dreams about gender with my human kids but to dream about goat kids' color is pretty serious stuff! This is our first year breeding with this little moonspotted buffalo of a buck- so far so good!

We won't keep him. He's worth too much, I think, to wether- polled, spashy-flashy moonspotted ND x MN with good milk lines...

·
Registered
611 Posts
We've had a pretty monochromatic herd for a while, black with white spots, a brown mini-Nubian, and a black/brown moonspotted buck. All the kids were iterations of previous (b/w). Finally, we got this splashy buckling! I love him.

We're on "E" names this year and open to suggestions. He's a Mini Nubian x Nigerian and polled. Photos don't capture how cute!
Oh my goodness me. He's freakin' adorable! What a little cutie!!! That face, lol. So sweet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts