The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YES! A goat! LOL! Okay... actually three goats! I just got two on Saturday but apperantly I need more! I am (or might... I will go with "am".) getting a Toggenburg who is pregnant and kidding any day, a registered Toggenburg, and a Freshened Nubian! Anyone know anything about Toggs?

·
Registered
10,755 Posts
Darn I was gonna say a spicy taco, but I guess a goat is better. LOL

·
Boers & Nubians
1,911 Posts
I know tons about Toggs!
Well.....
They're really cute! That's about all I know :eek: I sure hope you do get them!!

·
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, no. Another triple whopper would be GREAT... LOL! Just kidding. I want goats! Trinity, that is about all I know, too! BUT, one is pregnant and the Nubian should produce about a gallon a day, so I am ecstatic to say the least!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
They are all cute! All goats are addicting, i think toggs have great personalities and nubians have those ears, but my limited experience with them is that they are "needy". -- ma,ma,maah, mom,mommy maah. ANYWAY YOU'LL BE HAVING ALOT OF FUN, I WISH YOU LOTS OF LUCK!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wow you lucky bum! Can't wait until we've settled in the new house and my mom starts working...I'll be buying as many goats 50 acres can hold :cool:
And lol! I've heard that Toggs have...stronger tasting milk than other goats. I'm not sure if it's true, it may be due to some peoples improper handling, but I can tell you one thing, their swiss markings are the best!

·
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love toggs, sadly the lady has not said anything *yet*.... but I am still waiting! LOL, maybe I shouldn't have written this thread... :rolleyes: I already have a Nubian, and I love her little mahs... so I would LOVE to get another!

·
1,524 Posts
The Togg taste thing is limited to a few certain bloodlines, not an entire breed issue.

Toggs are very pretty, good producers and come in some very nice shades of brown.

·
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GAH! We aren't getting them... BUT we are still getting A dairy goat. We are looking at one who is an Alpine/Nubian cross producing 1 1/2 gallons a day as an FF. She is 6 years old and had a single. She used to be a therapy goat. :)

·
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We are most likely getting two goats. One Obie and an Nupine. :D One milks a gallon, the other a gallon and a half.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts