The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could be the cause of one of our newly purchased does to be doing fine then in a matter of a day be very weak and out of it. She was eating fine yesterday and now this.

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
change of feed
worm load
stress
rumen upset
so many things...if you can give more info as stated above hopefully we can help??

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
That temp is bad. Get some cold rags and put them over her head and ears. Did she get any probiotics when she came home?

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
temp is very high...get her on antibiotics and banamine right away...tylan 200 is a good OTC choice or Nuflor froma vet....
b complex for stress and electrolytes for hydration...you can take a cool rag under her arm pit area inner legs and head to help bringher fever down..

Homemade Electrolytes
A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses ( or what you have or honey)
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix well and drench or let them drink it.

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
Tylan 200 is 1 cc per 25# every 12 hours sub Q Nuflor is 3 cc per 100# once a day..Sub Q Banamine is to help reduce the fever and pain 1 cc per 100# SUb Q

if she will not drink the electrolytes..drench her...or tub her...dehydration will beingher down faster than the fever...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Aaaawwwwww I'm sorry to hear that....:(

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
Im so sorry....:(

·
Super Moderator
59,761 Posts
She may have already had something going on. Coccidia can come on quick with a drastic change. If she hadn't had a CDT shot, overeating disease could be it. You would really have to have a necropsy done to find out.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
there could be so many reasons like karen said...Im so sorry I know how fustrating it can be...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts