Weak newborn

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Di, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    My cashmere doeling, just born this morning, is weak in the hinny? She's not getting her back legs under her right. She's eating well, and is vigorous otherwise. Should I give her some Bo-Se? Anything else I should do? Thanks! Pics in Kidding Koral

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Definately get some BoSe in her and make sure that she is warm (temp). Are you able to hold her up to nurse?

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How old are they? Sometimes it takes a bit of time to learn how those legs really work.

Is it the brown one?

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Yes, it's the brown one. She's dry, warm and nursing vigorously. She was born about 5:00am this morning. Going out to check her again, I'll give her some Bo-Se.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I thought so because I noticed the legs in the picture.

I have also had some born that was and I rubbed them and kind of massaged them and got the blood in there really good. She is the one I really like the color of.

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Yes, she looks just like her mother. Going to give her some Bo-Se, back in a minute.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Bo-se will do it..... :thumbup:

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh thank you, Pam. I wasn't sure how much to give her and not wanted to OD her I gave her 1/4 cc...is that enough? Hope so, she's sooo sweet. The boy is having a good ole time though. LOL

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If she is real small 1/4cc is plenty.... for the bigger ones we go 1/2 cc :greengrin:
    you are very right you don't want to over dose...

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    So Pam, she's probably 4.5lbs, did I give her enough? I'll go get her and get an accurate weight, should I give her some more Bo-Se?

11. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, she's bigger then I thought, she's 6lbs. Do you think I should give her another 1/4 cc?

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She should be great with the 1/4cc - see how she does, as you do not want to give her to much.

My doeling that was 7.1 I only gave her a total of .15 and she pulled out of it like a champ!

How is she doing?

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thanks, she's much better, not 100%, but I can tell she's improved. I will just be patient, I wasn't sure if I should give her more Bo-Se or not, thanks for your :help: :shrug:

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree.... :greengrin: good luck with the little one..... :wink:

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    This baby is soooo sweet, and about 95% as of yesterday. I'm so happy, and thank you all for your support! :wahoo:

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Di.....you are so very welcome... :greengrin: .....glad the wee one... is doing alot better now.... :leap: :hug:

17. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Vit A, D & E

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Di, how is that baby doing?

19. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Sorry, I've been working. You know she's just perfect! I was so worried, DIL thought she was going to be crippled, but, she's just great now. You can hardly tell anything was wrong. Thank you all for your support! :hug: :stars:

20. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wonderful news! :clap: