The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I kept my kinder doe Peppermint and her 3 month old son Beebop separated for a week. Scottyhorse recommended teat tape, so I did that 2 nights in a row, and when I put them together, she automatically was kicking him away, and running from him. She was doing that today as well. I didn't tape her teats tonight, do you think I should have, or does it sound like she's weaning him herself?

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, she had as much milk as last night, and she continued to actually push him away. I contacted her last owner and she told me that Peppermint is good at weaning her kids, that she will say NO. She had her with to freshenings, and both times after being separated for a few days she pushed the kids away... So I will keep an eye on it, but it sounds like she will take care of it:)

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's taking care of it today. It was kinda funny he ran over to her this morning, went to go nurse, but then stopped and looked up at me, wanted back into his pen to eat a little more grain. Then happily went outside with mom to munch on some hay....:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.