The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I just separated a 4 month old Nubian /Nigerian Dwarf doeling from her momma on Sunday. She is fine but she will cry once in a while which I know is normal. She just seems down/depressed - not all the time though. I'm just curious as to what I can give her to ease the stress? She is in a pen right next to momma and the rest of the herd she has grown up with so far. I also put a buddy in with her, an adult pygmy that is the same size as her - she grew up with her also and the pgymy is pretty docile. This is what she has gotten/gets: 1st and 2nd CDT shot at 10 days and 8 weeks old, wormed weekly with herbal wormer, had a clear fecal beginning of July, gets a small amount of grain for dinner, free choice first cut hay, clean water daily, Purina Wind and Rain Shield loose minerals free choice, cobalt block free choice, small amount of dried kelp in grain and diamond V yeast. Hooves trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks, FAMACHA is nice and pink.
I do have Replamin Plus Gel I thought about giving her and maybe a Vit B shot to give her a boost? Would you suggest Probios too? Any other suggestions? I know how fast they can go down and want to help her through this as much as I can. Thank you!!! :)

Reactions: Iluvlilly!

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Cdt 1st and 2nd CDT shot at 10 days and 8 weeks old

Since the first was given so early and the second so long in between... should they redo those?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts